Got Beer?

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeah plenty of much better places than Legend. What styles of beer do you like? Stone and Triple Crossing are both close by and much better. Legend has a great location and patio overlooking the river but the food is meh and beer is average.

Check this out for most of the places

https://www.visitrichmondva.com/drink/richmond-beer-trail/

Thanks. The one north of the city, I saw that one before, evidently they have a "Poses and Pints" event on some Saturdays, under the concept that both yoga and beer are relaxing......

DEEKAYPEE8569

Pshhh.. Ain't no dog paddling in 12 ounces.
But, $14?? Stadiums and ice rinks must need the money for grooming the fields and keeping the ice frozen. That's just nuts! Kinda glad I quit drinking years ago; and that I don't go to football or hockey games.

somdfunguy

not impressed
Pshhh.. Ain't no dog paddling in 12 ounces.

dang, I get a 32oz of local craft, includes Stone) for $11 at the Squirrel's game (minor league baseball)

But, $14?? Stadiums and ice rinks must need the money for grooming the fields and keeping the ice frozen. That's just nuts! Kinda glad I quit drinking years ago; and that I don't go to football or hockey games.

you do live the good life

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Bud Light is doing a Willy Wonka Golden Can contest for Super Bowl Tickets for Life

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainme...cle_86d57d22-0c8e-5b16-990f-f58a71d15421.html
Bud Light's latest promotion could score one lucky football fan Super Bowl tickets for life.

Anheuser-Busch, NFL's official beer sponsor, said Tuesday it's introducing limited-edition “Strike Gold” Super Bowl-themed packaging. Bud Light customers who find gold Super Bowl 51 cans are eligible to enter to win tickets to attend the Super Bowl each year for the rest of their life, up to 51 years.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I'm on the lookout for a couple new brews from Shiner. Texas Warmer and Homespun Cream Ale. Looks like the Homespun will be available in possible 6 packs by itself, but the Warmer appears to be only available in the Family Reunion packs, which I am having a hard time finding near me.

Anybody seen these or had the opportunity to try them yet?

NextJen

Raisin cane
Okay, here's another one I want to try.

breakfastbrew.jpg

The write-up says this:

A stout tricked out with all sorts of breakfast ingredients including Guatemalan Antigua cold press coffee, Maple syrup harvested from Western Massachusetts and for the quintessential Delaware breakfast touch - Rapa Scrapple and their secret blend of spices. 2-row Applewood smoked barley, Kiln Coffee malt, Flaked oats, Roasted barley, Caramel malt along with additions of Molasses, Milk Sugars (lactose), Brown Sugar, Roasted Chicory lay the foundation for this malty, breakfast-themed concoction. Enjoy huge notes of coffee in the nose and savory layers in the flavor.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Dogfish Head Beer For Breakfast Stout - Tried it......not my cup of tea. Very strong bitter coffee taste to begin with, but the spices used (I assume that used in Scrapple) leaves too much of an aftertaste. I'm trying to figure out if it might be good to cook with.....like in a crock pot with a roast or something? Maybe added in chili?

Anyway, I don't recommend it, but to each their own taste I guess.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My Charleston discovery is Bell's Two Hearted Ale, which is brewed in Michigan. It's a one and done, two max, because it's a bit hearty.