Got Beer?

Hank

my war
Tried the Sam Adams new Hopscape wheat ale last night.... If you like "hoppy" beers, this is a good one. I accidentally drank the whole sixer... burrrrp

:buddies:

hop.jpeg

Hank

my war
New $200 Samuel Adams Beer Is Illegal in 12 States

Samuel Adams just released a new limited-edition beer (at $199 per bottle) with an alcohol content so high, it is illegal to sell in 12 states.

The Boston brewery just announced the beer called Utopias would be released to stores in early November.

Only 13,000 bottles of Utopias, a beer with an alcohol content of 28 percent, more than 10 percent above the legal limit of some states, will be distributed in the entire country -- minus the dozen states where it's illegal.

You won't be able to find it in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont or Washington, where state liquor laws bar it from being available for sale.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/entert...-454485803.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DCBrand

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I just had to suffer through two whole weeks of nothing but Carlsberg and Tuborg Classic on tap. Oh the agony...

It was cheap though..only 35DK per pint.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tried the Sam Adams new Hopscape wheat ale last night.... If you like "hoppy" beers, this is a good one. I accidentally drank the whole sixer... burrrrp

I hate when that happens - just sitting there, minding your business, and six beers accost you and get in your belly.

Damn sneaky beers.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh, and in Wells, ME we tasted a Whoopie Pie Stout. Similar to chocolate stout, but cocoa and vanilla. It was good but I just had a sippy because it was like a meal replacement it was so full-bodied.

glhs837

Power with Control
New $200 Samuel Adams Beer Is Illegal in 12 States

Samuel Adams just released a new limited-edition beer (at $199 per bottle) with an alcohol content so high, it is illegal to sell in 12 states.

The Boston brewery just announced the beer called Utopias would be released to stores in early November.

Only 13,000 bottles of Utopias, a beer with an alcohol content of 28 percent, more than 10 percent above the legal limit of some states, will be distributed in the entire country -- minus the dozen states where it's illegal.

You won't be able to find it in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont or Washington, where state liquor laws bar it from being available for sale.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/entert...-454485803.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DCBrand

they have been brewing this forever, well, 10 years...... so in that sense it's not a new beer. Whats new is the edition for this year....

Saw this in the exchange the other day, but the bikes trunck was full

http://flyingdogbrewery.com/?beers=pearl-necklace

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Budweiser's new beer is based on George Washington's hand-written recipe

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/02/bud...n-george-washingtons-hand-written-recipe.html

Budweiser has gone to the history books for its latest lager.

A new beer the massive brewer is rolling out this month, Freedom Reserve Red Lager, is inspired by a hand-written recipe found in George Washington's military journal kept during the French and Indian War in 1757.

Meant to celebrate U.S. veterans and American history, the red lager is made by Budweiser brewers who are also "proud veterans," the company says. Proceeds benefit Folds of Honor, a non-profit group that provides educational scholarships to military families.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Worst concoction yet was a Peanut Butter Beer a friend bought and had everyone try.

Mine went to the sink.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Worst concoction yet was a Peanut Butter Beer a friend bought and had everyone try.

You must not have tried Dogfish Head, Beer for Breakfast Stout yet.

(actually, I used it when I was making chili and the chili came out really good)