Got Brakes?

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I do now.

I had my brake box installed today over at LaGrande. He is a very nice guy over there, and they had it done in a short amount of time. I am going to see him for the awning installation, and to have electrical/ac installed in the trailer.

My truck hauls that trailer like it is nothing now.

Robin

Good for you

No excuses now get out there and have a good time.

When you posted got brakes, reminded me of someone else.:buddies:

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
If you don't mind me asking, how much for the awning and AC to be installed? I don't know how long your trailer is but it might give me a price to go off of. Is it electric awning? Also, did he mention anything him being able to do outlets in the trailer. Cox told us that you just need batteries and you can run them off of that but I would prefer not to have it looking "redneck"

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
If you don't mind me asking, how much for the awning and AC to be installed? I don't know how long your trailer is but it might give me a price to go off of. Is it electric awning? Also, did he mention anything him being able to do outlets in the trailer. Cox told us that you just need batteries and you can run them off of that but I would prefer not to have it looking "redneck"

I didn't ask him actually because I really needed to get ready for my lesson.

I am planning on having electrical done so that I can camp in camperland, and plug in the power cord or a generator.

He was extremely nice and didn't make me feel like a idiot for not knowing about the importance of the brake box. My trailer is big enough that 2 big horses and one pony could comfortably go in it.

ElliesMom

A brake box is the number one safety feature when towing horses as far as I am concerned, everything else after stopping power is a close second. I will never tow without one.

BlissfulJumper

A brake box is the number one safety feature when towing horses as far as I am concerned, everything else after stopping power is a close second. I will never tow without one.

I second that!

I don't know why someone would pull a trailer without one! Very dangerous. Brake boxes are a great thing to have and probably have stopped quite a few accidents

BlissfulJumper

I didn't ask him actually because I really needed to get ready for my lesson.

I am planning on having electrical done so that I can camp in camperland, and plug in the power cord or a generator.

He was extremely nice and didn't make me feel like a idiot for not knowing about the importance of the brake box. My trailer is big enough that 2 big horses and one pony could comfortably go in it.

Okay, We want the electrical too cause I get really bad migraines if I'm out in the heat all day so a fan and some AC would be nice to have.

I have a 3 horse slant load so I need like a 20ft awning.

Do you have his name and number?

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I second that!

I don't know why someone would pull a trailer without one! Very dangerous. Brake boxes are a great thing to have and probably have stopped quite a few accidents

I didn't put the horse in it yet. Just practicing driving, and I used my tow/haul to stop and slow down. I put the brake box in because i had read about them and knew I needed one.

BlissfulJumper

I didn't put the horse in it yet. Just practicing driving, and I used my tow/haul to stop and slow down. I put the brake box in because i had read about them and knew I needed one.

It's alright if nothings in it but it does take alot longer to stop. Tow haul mode doesn't really do much except for help shift the gears up/down it may seem like it does but that's just the down shifting.

My hauling truck is supped-up and has intake and an edge in it and it causes it to take a lot longer to stop. It shifts alot easier and tows like a dream but normally your brake box is on and on about 1.9 with an empty trailer. I haven't had a horse in my trailer yet so this weekend will be the test. I'm thinking maybe between 5-6 to stop with a full load.

Also, for all you diesel truck owners, there's a new program out for the trucks that only two people do around here. They hook your truck up to a laptop and mess with the computer in the truck. Gives it alot more power to tow and also ups the gas milage! GMC 2500 are getting around 19-20 with this program. A friend a mine has a dually and got 24 on average on his way to North Carolina. I think they are charging $350 a truck.

fredsaid2

Tow Haul Mode changes shift points under acceleration, keeping the truck at a higher rpm and further up in the power range. Tow-haul also prevents the transmission from upshifting when the vehicle crests a hill, and it provides downhill braking that allows the transmission to downshift, letting engine-compression braking slow the vehicle and maintain a steady speed.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Okay, We want the electrical too cause I get really bad migraines if I'm out in the heat all day so a fan and some AC would be nice to have.

I have a 3 horse slant load so I need like a 20ft awning.

Do you have his name and number?

My 3H SL has a 15 ft awning it runs from just in front of your door to the back side of the fender..if that gives you any idea

mingiz

Horse Poor
Tow Haul Mode changes shift points under acceleration, keeping the truck at a higher rpm and further up in the power range. Tow-haul also prevents the transmission from upshifting when the vehicle crests a hill, and it provides downhill braking that allows the transmission to downshift, letting engine-compression braking slow the vehicle and maintain a steady speed.

The tow and haul in the diesels are da bimb compared to the brake controllers. I have both worlds the transmission gears down the truck and the brakes take the rest of it...Plus you get a smoother even stop. Half the time you don't feel the trailer back there....JMO

mingiz

Horse Poor

The awning you can find on care free of colorado or any rv site and the ac units with heat strips are you basic rv unit size. Usually a 13,500 btu. You really don't need an electric awning they are pretty simple to set up/down...You can't run an ac unit or anything electrical off of batteries. They are usually for 12v items like inside lights or to run a water pump etc.