Got the rona, here's what it feels like

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It feels like regular flu, not as bad as other flus I've had where I just wanted to lay in bed and moan. No fever or respiratory issues, just body ache, fatigue, and no smell/taste. That last part is really annoying because I'd just gotten a wonderful strawberry chocolate coffee and I can't really enjoy it.

I haven't been to the doctor or gotten a test, but I know that's what it is because Monello is positive for it. I'm treating it like a normal flu - rest, liquids, aspirin - which is what the doctor would recommend. I'm staying away from other people, which I'd do even if I just had a cold, and taking basic hygiene precautions (that I do anyway).

The gods finally smited me. Feel free to say HA HA as amuses you. :lol:

What's weird is that for the last year and a half restaurants/etc have been setting up temperature takers in their entrances - if you have a fever, no soup for you. Yet here I am with no fever or any other outward sign of illness. I could pass all their tests and waltz right in anywhere. Which, in my mind, reiterates what some of us have been saying all along: don't depend on others to keep you healthy. If you fear any illness because of pre-existing conditions or compromised immune system, it's up to you to take your own precautions and be responsible for your own well-being.

Lump

Feel better! We had an outbreak at our office in January. None of them ran a fever.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Hope you get clear of it quick.

I'm certain I had the #### in Jan of 2020 and it was like the worst flu id had in years for all of 4.5 days. Then, all gone.

After we had several infections run through our offices here, I got the pfizer in Feb of 21, just cause.

In May the whole house came down with it at the same time, and between the vax and my own immunity, I was just wandering around :whistle: :getdown: :ohwell: without a care in the world.

TPD

the poor dad
That whole temperature checking thing was BS theater. We bought one of those cheap forehead thermometers to check employee temps, mainly to try to appease the good doctor. Which of course she had a tingle in her leg when she saw it but it didn't help our case.

I suggest you go to Tractor Supply and get some horse medicine.

PeoplesElbow

It feels like regular flu, not as bad as other flus I've had where I just wanted to lay in bed and moan. No fever or respiratory issues, just body ache, fatigue, and no smell/taste. That last part is really annoying because I'd just gotten a wonderful strawberry chocolate coffee and I can't really enjoy it.

I haven't been to the doctor or gotten a test, but I know that's what it is because Monello is positive for it. I'm treating it like a normal flu - rest, liquids, aspirin - which is what the doctor would recommend. I'm staying away from other people, which I'd do even if I just had a cold, and taking basic hygiene precautions (that I do anyway).

What's weird is that for the last year and a half restaurants/etc have been setting up temperature takers in their entrances - if you have a fever, no soup for you. Yet here I am with no fever or any other outward sign of illness. I could pass all their tests and waltz right in anywhere. Which, in my mind, reiterates what some of us have been saying all along: don't depend on others to keep you healthy. If you fear any illness because of pre-existing conditions or compromised immune system, it's up to you to take your own precautions and be responsible for your own well-being.
So I guess your over the "nobody gets it" phase?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Hope you're feeling better soon! :huggy: