Got to sell my Ford Ranger...(sniff) to a Recycler(?)

Grumpy

What year is it? I have a '96 with 250,000 on it.

Same here (year and mileage), was my f-in-laws(RIP). Engine,trans both still good, exterior a few has dings, suspension could use some work, but all in all, its good for what I need it for.

black dog

Free America
I was looking for one like that recently...found a '91 Toyota 4x4 instead. Just needed a reliable beater that could also handle the regular round trips to the airports. My ole 2000 Grand Cherokee was just too far gone..

I looked for months to find a S10 Xtreme with the V6 Vortec for the kid but every one I looked at the cab corners and doors were rotten or blistering paint.
I still are keeping a lookout here for a rust free S10 so we can dump a big inch big block in it. I've done a few Vegas using Hardy subframes, but it seems easier to start with a framed vehicle to begin with.

black dog

Free America
Another option is to consign it to one of the large auto and equipment auctions held at Flat Iron Farm in Great Mills about three times a year. I recently scored $1000 for my old 2000 Grand Cherokee showing 196,000 on the clock. It ran good..but had a ton of problems ranging from minor to major pita.

That's a good idea, everytime I loaded outdated tools I build I would take the old stock to one of bubby's auctions. It all left everytime. Bubby told me the asphalt guys all wanted to buy my 8"x8" and 3"x10" hand tampers I wanted to get rid of. I bet he sold a gross of them for me.