Gotta pass it to see what's in it

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

A new report from government actuaries has revealed that the Congressional Budget Office was scandalously off in its estimates of the impact of Obamacare's individual mandate, a miscalculation that has had significant ramifications for healthcare and tax policy over the past decade.

:yawn:

glhs837

Power with Control

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Well at least we'll be able to keep our doctors. And I'm going on vacation with my $2,500 in insuranc savings.

Reactions: BOP

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Are you suggesting that a Government Agency that is supposed to be politically neutral could possibly be influenced by a political figure?
Something like that. Possibly they were plied with bonus money at the end of the year if it came out a certain way?

Hijinx

If I may ...

Something like that. Possibly they were plied with bonus money at the end of the year if it came out a certain way?

We can look at the FBI and the Justice Department and the IRS and ATF and see that a political leader not only controlled them but that same leader still controls them. The Deep State.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
We can look at the FBI and the Justice Department and the IRS and ATF and see that a political leader not only controlled them but that same leader still controls them. The Deep State.
Well I don't have any special access passes that would allow me to look around in any of those departments. Matter of fact, I'm sure to them I'm not special at all and would summarily be turned right around should I try. You?

This_person

If I may ...

It's in the criteria they are given to do the analysis.

If they are restricted to using only certain things (for example, "assume no change in blah blah, while allowing for change in such-and-such"), then the outcome is controlled by those factors.

They said as much at the time, knowing their analysis was paralyzed by the factors they were given to do the analysis.

glhs837

Power with Control
It's in the criteria they are given to do the analysis.

If they are restricted to using only certain things (for example, "assume no change in blah blah, while allowing for change in such-and-such"), then the outcome is controlled by those factors.

They said as much at the time, knowing their analysis was paralyzed by the factors they were given to do the analysis.

Right, the way it read at the time was that they were not allowed to develop their own analysis but were required to just run the numbers they were given. That's why there was this sudden change, someone in the White House forced the silly optimistic numbers on them. GIGO in the most basic sense.