Gotta See It

watercolor

yeah yeah
Hard Bargin Players Present- "The Crucible"

It is absolutly awesome. I went this past saturday the 18th. I laughed, I cried, and the actors are wonderful. 2 of my friends are in the play- they did a great job too. :clap:

It is in a wooded outdoor ampitheatre. I cant rave enough about how well this setting complimented the play and the different sets. The actors are very convincing and very very good. They make you feel as if you are in the play with them. :diva: It is highly recommended that you reserve your tickets though- they book up fast. I can give anyone who is interested in going the email- to reserve tickets. And you just print out your reservation and give it to them when you get there

I would highly recommend seeing this before its over. Time is running out- the last showing is this weekend. The 24th and 25th. It's starts at 8 pm. Tickets are $12 for adults, 10 dollars for students, and I believe 10 dollars also for seniors.

SYNOPSIS: The story focuses upon a young farmer, his wife, and a young servant-girl who maliciously causes the wifes arrest for witchcraft. The farmer brings the girl to court to admit the lie-and it is here that the monstrous course of bigotry and deceit is terrifyingly depicted. The farmer, instead of saving his wife, finds himself also accused of witchcraft and ultimately condemned with a host of others.......

DIRECTIONS: Rt 210 (Indian Head Hwy.) Turn west onto Livingston Rd. (at the Accokeek Light - B&J Carryout on the corner). Turn right onto Biddle Rd. Turn left onto Bryan Point Rd. Proceed approx. 2 miles to a right turn in where it says "Alice Furegson Foundation". There will also be a sign that says "Play Tonight".

Elle

Happy Camper!
Too bad I got plans both nights, it sounds great. Will they be putting on this show after Halloween???

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Glad that you both had such a good time! It was also nice to see you both, even for such a short time. :cheesy:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by RoseRed
Glad that you both had such a good time! It was also nice to see you both, even for such a short time. :cheesy:

Oh yes R! IT WAS GREAT! And it was good to see you to hon. :kiss: You and the migster... :smile:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by tys_mommy
Too bad I got plans both nights, it sounds great. Will they be putting on this show after Halloween???

They wont be doing this particular play- but there are some others that you might be interested in that they are doing. I will keep you updated. I know there are a couple I was interested in when my friends were talking about the other productions they will be in.

They are husband and wife (just got married in june :smile:) and she played Sara Goode (which was one of the smaller but main focus's.) and MAN! she plays a good "not-so-there" person. I couldnt believe how good she did. And he plays Chefftein(sp) and did a very very good job. He was in alot of the scene's. And man oh man- did Jess and I get kinda upset watching him- because in a particular part- the guy who plays John Proctor in the play- gets rough with him- and it looked so real...We were ready to jump outta our seats and start roughin someone up. :lmao: but we remembered shortly after it was a play. That is why it was so good.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by RoseRed
Gotta get gas! :lol:

Yea I know. We should have actually done that before we went too.. cause we were almost late to the play because we had to stop when we got up there. :lol:

watercolor

yeah yeah
One really neat thing too- that they do there- because it was so cold.. they make alot of chili and hot cider and give it to you at intermission!! Very good- and it was just a neat experience.