Gov’t Storm Troopers Terrorize Family.............

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
"Ohio authorities stormed a farm house in LaGange Monday, December 1, to execute a search warrant, holding the Jacqueline and John Stowers and their son and young grandchildren at gunpoint for nine hours. During the raid the Ohio Department of Agriculture and police confiscated over ten thousand dollars worth of food, computers and cell phones. The Stowers’ crime? They run a private, members-only food co-op. While state authorities were looking for evidence of illegal activities, the family was not informed what crime they were suspected of, they were not read their rights or allowed to make a phone call. The children, some as young as toddlers, were traumatized by armed officers interrogating the adults with guns drawn."

» Gov’t Storm Troopers Terrorize Family for Nine Hours for Running a Food Co-op Dvorak Uncensored: General interest observations and true web-log.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
The Ohio Department of Agriculture has an armed enforcement agency? This behavior is unacceptable and these folks should be punished.

ImnoMensa

It appears that these people were operating a food co-op without proper permits.
Probably forgetting to pay sales taxes on what they sold and requiring that people who used the co-op sign an agreement that they didnt work for the government.

According to some comments it is the duty of the Dept, of Agriculture to see that food is stored properly and that it is safe for consumption.I am sure some agency has that responsibility. No problems with the raid so far. Most any beureaucracy has pre-plans in effect that assure compliance without having to resort to firearms.

I didnt see in any of the comments where these people made any type of threat or in any way appeared to be violent .
It would appear that one deputy or an IRS agent, or a Department of Agriculture employee, with a cease and desist order, could have probably closed the place as efficiently as the team they brought in and inspectors could have then done their job without all the armor and weapons being used. However I am sure Sommpd will soon arrive and tell me how wrong I am .

I kind of view this as I would a stop-work order. They are issued many times here in St. Mary's County and we dont send in the SWAT team to see that they stop work.

R

RadioPatrol

Well it is a good thing they did have any firearms .... :whistle:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Ohio? Let me try to remember....

"Ohio authorities stormed a farm house in LaGange Monday, December 1,

...Oh, yeah. Now I remember, that's a Democrat-ruled state. That's the state where government officials broke into the private records of Joe the Plumber to punish him for embarrassing Barako Bammi in public. That's the state that the Democrat government played fast and loose with the computer voting machines.

Yep, looks like Bammi's storm trooper concept is getting its field-trials prior to the coronation.

edinsomd

Yep, looks like Bammi's storm trooper concept is getting its field-trials prior to the coronation.

You forget about Ruby Ridge and Waco under the Clinton administration? Oh, wait. They're all back now, aren't they.
Ed