Gov. Hogan gives MORE of our money away to Baltimore!

Stjohns3269

Yay!

:
:cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:

What do you mean our money? Do you think the funding only comes from Southern md?

NextJen

Raisin cane
I'm in support of this if the funding is used to enforce Martial law and expedition of conceal carry permits.

Toxick

Splat
What do you mean our money?

our

determiner
  1. belonging to or associated with the speaker and one or more other people previously mentioned or easily identified.
    "Jo and I had our hair cut"

2. used by a writer, editor, or monarch to refer to something belonging to or associated with himself or herself.
    "we want to know what you, our readers, think"
money

noun
  1. a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
    "I counted the money before putting it in my wallet"

Hey.... don't mention it.

Stjohns3269

I’m sure she doesn’t......but she has you on ignore.

...a percentage of that comes from Southern Maryland, just in case you do not understand how things work. Glad to help

Yes just like a portion of Balimores revenues go to Southern Md.

What exactly is the point?

Clem72

What do you mean our money? Do you think the funding only comes from Southern md?

Well, it said state funding so it's at least in part our money. Why not direct county funding? I thought they were underemployed by hundreds of officers, surely that means they have money in their existing budget?

SamSpade

But this should come as no surprise to any Marylander, Republican governor or Democrat. Money goes to Baltimore.
I'm trying to remember - memory fails me but I seem to remember O'Malley putting a tax specifically in Montgomery County intended to benefits Baltimore? Does that ring a bell with anyone?

luvmygdaughters

I wonder how many Charm City residents, are actually working individuals and contributing to the tax base that the Governor so freely gives to them?

Hijinx

Not surprised. But it appears pretty dumb to send more money to build a police force that is corrupt.
Or to give the choice of where the money goes to a Mayorality that is corrupt.
We have seen what they did with money they got previously.
Sending more money to do the same thing doesn't seem smart.

There should be some Commissioner or Director appointed by the Gocernor to over see how the money is spent.
Giving it to the people who have already failed just aint cutting it.

Pete

Repete
Well when you consider the amount of income, sales, corporate and other taxes that come out of SOMD compared to the amount of funding that comes back in I wouldn't say it ALL comes from SOMD just a bunch of it.

No city water except where the developer has to install it
City sewer only in neighborhoods that pay for a bond and foot the cost themselves
No trash pick up unless you subscribe and pay yourself
No police other then a stretched thin sheriff's office
Volunteer ambulance/EMS
Volunteer fire department
Leonardtown HS is ridiculously overcrowded and run down.
2 wonderful bridges that are freaking scary