Gov Sarah Palin?

Kerad

...I thought that at first, but, if you look up her record, she did more on a town council and as a mayor than Obama has done running for President the last 3 years. Add to that she is a governor.

It's not the long time service of Biden and McCain, but it's a darn sight more than Obama's.

Not when it comes to national issues or foreign policy. At least Obama has time in the senate and on the foreign relations committee.

I personally don't think being mayor of a town of 9,000 translates into VP material. Yes, she has been governor for less than two years. Still...

Honestly though, it puts a smile on my face to read how those who have repeatedly criticized Obama for being inexperienced and being good with speeches are now so excited about Palin. :lol: Sometimes hypocrisy can be highly entertaining.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's better because that fact it even further blunts any of the "inexperience" argument against Obama. That argument is pretty much out of play after today.

:lmao:

Gonna make some wine out of those sour grapes?

One year of Governor is more executive experience than 10 years of Senate. Now, I know you're making all grouchy face about McCain choosing GOVERNOR Palin, but you could at least have the good grace...

...excuse me...

:killingme

*ahem*

As I was saying, you could at least have the good grace to acknowledge that this was an excellent pick and NOW, folks, we got us a Presidential race.

Kerad

So the VP is what runs the country?

So the fact that she went from PTA to City Council to Mayor to Ethics Commissioner to Govenor is no experience?

I think your grasping for anything you can to try and spin this.

I'm not spinning anything. She seems like a decent enough person...at least initially. I'm just very happy that the GOP cannot legitimately whine about Obama's inexperience any more.

At least not with any shred of credibility.

dn0121

Not when it comes to national issues or foreign policy. At least Obama has time in the senate and on the foreign relations committee.

I personally don't think being mayor of a town of 9,000 translates into VP material. Yes, she has been governor for less than two years. Still...

Honestly though, it puts a smile on my face to read how those who have repeatedly criticized Obama for being inexperienced and being good with speeches are now so excited about Palin. :lol: Sometimes hypocrisy can be highly entertaining.

why are you comparing a VP pick to a candidate for president?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Kerad, this may have blown past you, but GOVERNOR Sarah Palin isn't running for President. She's running for VICE-President. The inexperienced Barack Obama, with his 1 term Senate career, is running for President.

Be sure to take your shoes off before you stomp those grapes.

:roflmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Here's your...

...objectivity test for the day;

On the one hand;

basketball player
husband, two kids
law school
comunity organizer 7 year state senator under rather ugly circumstances
US senator for 3 years or so

on the other;

basketball player
mother of 5
journalism
4 year city council
2 term mayor
governor for year or so
city council

Generically, who would you rather be running for office?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anyway, now I'm a damn flip-flopper, because I will be voting for McCain. :mad:

So Bruzilla was right, but not for the reasons he thought he was.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You keep...

I'm not spinning anything. She seems like a decent enough person...at least initially. I'm just very happy that the GOP cannot legitimately whine about Obama's inexperience any more.

At least not with any shred of credibility.

...telling yourself that. We'll see how you do on my little objectivity test.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Flip...

Anyway, now I'm a damn flip-flopper, because I will be voting for McCain. :mad:

So Bruzilla was right, but not for the reasons he thought he was.

...flopping is when you say you do NOT like hamburgers then change your mind because that's all there is and you're hungry.

It is not flip flopping when you say you won't eat a hamburger and then someone whips out the cheese and lettuce and tomato and a nice roll and some onions and ketchup and mustard and pickles.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
...objectivity test for the day;

On the one hand;

basketball player
husband, two kids
law school
comunity organizer 7 year state senator under rather ugly circumstances
US senator for 3 years or so

on the other;

basketball player
mother of 5
journalism
4 year city council
2 term mayor
governor for year or so
city council

Generically, who would you rather be running for office?

But there are 365 days in a year that she has had executive oversight where as NObama in 3 years has served 143 days so in retrospect, he hasn't represented sh!t on behave of his constituents for his South Side of Chicago district!!! But as Hillary said, he did give a speech once...:whistle:

dn0121

...flopping is when you say you do NOT like hamburgers then change your mind because that's all there is and you're hungry.

It is not flip flopping when you say you won't eat a hamburger and then someone whips out the cheese and lettuce and tomato and a nice roll and some onions and ketchup and mustard and pickles.

:killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That...

But there are 365 days in a year that she has had executive oversight where as NObama in 3 years has served 143 days so in retrospect, he hasn't represented sh!t on behave of his constituents for his South Side of Chicago district!!! But as Hillary said, he did give a speech once...:whistle:

..is a valid point as well, but Kerad is smart enough to know that a governor works pretty much every day, is certainly on call all the time and a US senator running for potus hardly ever shows up for work at all.

:buddies: