Government Intrusion

TPD

the poor dad
I'm filling out the REQUIRED ag census this morning - 24 pages long!

How the hell am I supposed to know the value of land on all the farms I lease FROM others? Riverfront vs Bayfront vs no waterfront?
What the hell kind of estimate do I put on the value of all the equipment I own? Under Biden's economy it's probably worth $1. But maybe I will put $10million instead. It's just an estimate right?
In today's world, is it mandatory to indicate my gender and race? My gender may be different today vs when my census is actually received by the gov.
Why do you need to know if I have internet access and type? Cellular, broadband, dial-up, satellite, don't know, or other. Maybe I will mark other and state that I steal the neighbor's wifi.
How many laboratory animals did I own or sell in 2022? Do I count myself if I got the 'rona jab?
That is one question I don't see on the form - did I catch the bat soup flu or get the shot in 2022.

It is amazing the detail they want on this REQUIRED survey, including $ amounts for all income and expenses. Can't you get that from my tax return?

My operation is simple and only me so I only spent about 30 minutes filling out this crap. But for any operation with animals or more than 1 boss - I pity you - It will take you days to complete!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In today's world, is it mandatory to indicate my gender and race? My gender may be different today vs when my census is actually received by the gov.
Why do you need to know if I have internet access and type?

The Push for ' Internet ' access is a human right ... if you do not have internet access, what Racial / Gender specific groups needs to be offended

What the hell kind of estimate do I put on the value of all the equipment I own? Under Biden's economy it's probably worth $1. But maybe I will put $10million instead. It's just an estimate right?

Resale Value .... are you a corporate farm of small private entity

Reactions: TPD

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I'm filling out the REQUIRED ag census this morning - 24 pages long!

How the hell am I supposed to know the value of land on all the farms I lease FROM others? Riverfront vs Bayfront vs no waterfront?
Why do you need to know if I have internet access and type? Cellular, broadband, dial-up, satellite, don't know, or other. Maybe I will mark other and state that I steal the neighbor's wifi.
How many laboratory animals did I own or sell in 2022? Do I count myself if I got the 'rona jab?
That is one question I don't see on the form - did I catch the bat soup flu or get the shot in 2022.

It is amazing the detail they want on this REQUIRED survey, including $ amounts for all income and expenses. Can't you get that from my tax return?

My operation is simple and only me so I only spent about 30 minutes filling out this crap. But for any operation with animals or more than 1 boss - I pity you - It will take you days to complete!

Mandatory? By what authority? What would happen if you didn't send a reply? Never mind, just looked it up ....

(2)Refusal or neglect to answer questions
A person over 18 years of age who refuses or willfully neglects to answer a question, which is authorized by the Secretary to be submitted to the person in connection with a census under this section, shall be fined not more than $100.

So don't fill it out, and when they send the bill for noncompliance, send a check for $100, which, might get siphoned up in the USPS system and be redeemed for a much larger amount with the culprits never to be caught. Then the Agriculture Department can argue with the USPS as to why they didn't receive their $100.

If you ask me, many of the questions are way to personal and stray away from things having to do with farming. The questionnaire reads almost like the IRS 1040 form.

Be the one that disobeys their edict. The worse that could happen is up to a $100 fine.

Reactions: TPD

TPD

the poor dad
$100 per question. Probably 100 questions or more so $2400? For a large operation it's probably worth paying the fine vs the hours needed to fill out the census. And with the efficiency of government, how long will it take to determine you didn't send it in or will they every know? Hmmmm