Government Operating Status in DC 1/28

obxtracey

Per OPM the Federal Government will be on a delayed arrival on Monday, 01/28/2013. It is requested employees stay off the roads until 10:00 a.m. The government will "open" at 12 noon. Of course, you can telework or take unscheduled leave.

I'll post verbatim what was said when OPM gets it up on their website.

obxtracey

From OPM's website:

Washington, DC, Area

Applies to: Monday, January 28, 2013
Status: OPEN - DELAYED ARRIVAL - EMPLOYEES SHOULD REMAIN OFF THE ROADS UNTIL 10:00 am. FEDERAL OFFICES WILL OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AT 12:00 noon. EMPLOYEES HAVE THE OPTION FOR UNSCHEDULED LEAVE OR UNSCHEDULED TELEWORK

Federal agencies in the Washington, DC, area are OPEN under a DELAYED ARRIVAL. Employees should remain OFF THE ROADS until 10:00 am. FEDERAL OFFICES in the Washington, DC, area will OPEN at 12:00 noon. Employees have the OPTION FOR UNSCHEDULED LEAVE OR UNSCHEDULED TELEWORK.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Per OPM the Federal Government will be on a delayed arrival on Monday, 01/28/2013. It is requested employees stay off the roads until 10:00 a.m. The government will "open" at 12 noon. Of course, you can telework or take unscheduled leave.

I'll post verbatim what was said when OPM gets it up on their website.

Dollars to Doughnuts, no delayed arrival or any such thing will apply to PAX folks. :shrug:

merc669

You can bet you better be on time at Pax....No slowdown there no matter what the weather is....

warneckutz

Beta84

They're out to get us
Nice to know AFTER I have been here since 6am. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I called 342-BASE and it said "all employees report as normal" then get the notification sometime after arriving. How useless is the info phone number if they can't bother updating it until after it's OBE?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Yeah, I called 342-BASE and it said "all employees report as normal" then get the notification sometime after arriving. How useless is the info phone number if they can't bother updating it until after it's OBE?

Sometimes you just have to use common sense. If you feel threatened by driving in inclement weather, stay home. If you don't feel threatened, go to work.

Sometimes you just have to use common sense. If you feel threatened by driving in inclement weather, stay home. If you don't feel threatened, go to work.

It's called taking responsibility for one's self. It would be nice if they announced closings in a timely fashion, but if you feel at all insecure about the road conditions, make the call yourself and stay put until the roads are clear.

Stop waiting for someone else to dictate to you. Be responsible for yourself.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

It's called taking responsibility for one's self. It would be nice if they announced closings in a timely fashion, but if you feel at all insecure about the road conditions, make the call yourself and stay put until the roads are clear.

Stop waiting for someone else to dictate to you. Be responsible for yourself.

I drove to work without any troubles. :shrug:

It was a Monday. School text came in after 6am to say school was delayed and the kid was up getting ready to go, then the late text about the base delay and to top it off NO HEAT until about 2pm. Brrr... :lol: