Governor Cuomo: Trump Quarantining New York To Stop Coronavirus Is ‘Declaration Of War’ On New York

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“I don’t believe that he could be serious, that any federal administration could be serious about a physical lockdown of states or parts of states across this country,” Cuomo continued. “I don’t believe it is legal. I think it would be economic chaos. I don’t think the American people would stand for it. It’s just a question of time before you see the numbers growing in hot spots across the nation. So, I think it makes absolutely no sense and I don’t believe any serious governmental personality or professional would support it.”

“I’ve sued the federal government many times by the way over the past few years, we’ve had quite a number of policy decisions,” Cuomo later added. “I do not believe it’s going to come to that on this. Again, I have been speaking to the president. This would be a declaration of war on states, a federal declaration of war, and wouldn’t just be New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, next week it would be Louisiana with New Orleans, and week after that Detroit, Michigan, and it would run across the nation. I don’t think the president is looking to start a lot of wars with states just about now for a lot of reasons.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/gove...coronavirus-is-declaration-of-war-on-new-york

Scootboot

"I don't think the American people would stand for it" .... We are locked in our houses because your f***ing state has almost half the infections. I say lock these hot spot areas down. I'm down with this.

SamSpade

"I don't think the American people would stand for it" .... We are locked in our houses because your f***ing state has almost half the infections. I say lock these hot spot areas down. I'm down with this.

And I'd bet Florida is climbing the list because of New Yorkers. Just a hunch.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
And I'd bet Florida is climbing the list because of New Yorkers. Just a hunch.
And I'd bet you'd be correct. DeSantis certainly believes it to be the case. And is "demanding" the NY "blockade" b/c so many NY'ers apparently are heading south (back) to their winter homes.

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Yeah, Cuomo. Governor of one of the states that's big on sanctuary cities (and thus, is "welcoming") and has an outrageous number of COVID-19 cases. A governor who flouts federal immigration laws but now demands federal help.

There's a two-word reply to this inanity on the part of Fredo's older brother....

--- End of line (MCP)

WingsOfGold

Don't have to quarantine the whole state - just build a wall around NYC "Escape From New York" style. Problem solved - in fact, a lot of problems solved.

Do LA, too.
The place is a farking zoo no question about it. I AM concerned though, my oldest son works there for the school system. Mandatory that he goes in... this was night before last. He said he wasn't feeling 100%, I told him to go to a hospital.... he's a degreed post grad shrink that actually works IT. Bonehead wasn't overly concerned since he's 29 and healthy. :rolleyes:

I know a couple that lives in Brooklyn. She recently posted their conditions.

They shelter in place as much as possible, however, the dog needs to be walked multiple times daily. Most do not have the means to do laundry in there dwelling so must venture to a public facility to do laundry. All stores and restaurants are small so no such thing as social distancing. Stock is scarce.

So I can see why at some point NYers are saying F it and flee to stay with relatives in other states. But they are taking their germs with them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am tired of listening to Cuomo pizz and moan about NY. Are any other governors doing this ummmm No.

The Governor of Michigan is. Hogan is teetering on the brink. There are more but I don't feel like goggling them.

It's fascinating to not only see that many Governors have no leadership skills, but also to watch them hate on Trump and call him all sorts of nasty names, then run to him in times of trouble like little children - "Help us, Daddy! Help!"

Vote better next time, you stupid states.

herb749

NY, Illinois & Michigan are the leaders. They have spouted off about him, then when he gives it back, they cry and get pity from the hateful press.

BOP

Won't stand for it? Hell, I'm calling for air strikes.

limblips

PREMO Member
I know a couple that lives in Brooklyn. She recently posted their conditions.

They shelter in place as much as possible, however, the dog needs to be walked multiple times daily. Most do not have the means to do laundry in there dwelling so must venture to a public facility to do laundry. All stores and restaurants are small so no such thing as social distancing. Stock is scarce.

So I can see why at some point NYers are saying F it and flee to stay with relatives in other states. But they are taking their germs with them.
But just a month ago they were calling the non-urbanites rubes, rednecks, unenlightened, stupid and clueless.

Reactions: BOP