Governor Governor Hogan Announces 500,000 Rapid At-Home COVID-19 Test Kits to Be Distributed Statewide

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
Expanding Community Testing Access Ahead of Holiday Season
State Continues to Offer Lab-Based Testing

ANNAPOLIS, MD—Governor Larry Hogan today announced that the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) will make 500,000 Abbott BinaxNOW Ag At-Home COVID-19 test kits available through a new program being launched statewide.

The at-home test kits have begun to arrive in the state, and MDH is distributing them to local health departments to make available free of charge at designated locations in their jurisdictions. Distribution of the kits will increase public access to convenient COVID-19 tests ahead of the holiday season and throughout winter, and in coming weeks local health departments will make announcements regarding the availability of testing kits.

“Testing continues to be one of the most important tools we have to keep people safe, and we have now conducted nearly 15 million tests statewide,” said Governor Hogan. “By making these at-home test kits available through local health departments, we are giving Marylanders more options and more peace of mind as we head into the holiday season. Of course, the single most important thing you can do, if you haven’t already, is get vaccinated or get your booster shot.”

In Caroline County, for example, residents can obtain at-home tests while supplies last at their local public library or at two community food pantries, Aaron’s Place and Giving Grace. In Prince George’s County, public libraries, local federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), and other partner locations will serve as distribution points for the test kits.

“Getting vaccinated and tested remain the two most important actions that Marylanders can take to keep themselves and their loved ones protected against COVID-19,” said MDH Secretary Dennis R. Schrader. “We are committed to accessible, free COVID-19 testing across the state, and these at-home tests kits will augment other state-supported testing initiatives.”

Each kit contains two COVID-19 tests that are approved to be used by one person, and the tests are to be used at least 36 hours apart and within three days of each other. The tests are self-administered, and results are available in 15 minutes.

Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 should consider themselves infectious, notify their contacts, and seek further medical advice, which may include additional testing. Individuals are encouraged to report their test results, both positive and negative, to help Maryland slow the spread of COVID-19. Those who test negative should confirm the result by using the second test in the kit to test again at least 36 hours after the first test. Anyone can self-report results using the Abbott NAVICA app, website, or by calling 1-855-634-6829.

Lab-based PCR testing continues to be widely accessible across the state. To find a testing site, visit covidtest.maryland.gov. To find a vaccine clinic, visit covidvax.maryland.gov.

For more information about COVID-19 in Maryland, visit covidLINK.maryland.gov. For the most recent Maryland COVID-19 data, visit coronavirus.maryland.gov.

-###-​

GregV814

For those who read my other post, let me rephrase......

Dear Governor,
First, thank you for your unselfish service to the fine Marylander's, that I hope I my represent. Your very intelligent direction in leading the State into prosperity likens that of Captain Wrongway Peachfuzz' (Bullwinkle and Rocky fame) zeppelin into Frostbite Falls. Simply marvelous. And, may I add, you must be very proud of the world's most famous Korean woman. Kudos.
However, your first attempt at curing CoVid by purchasing unusable CoVid test kits from your smart wife's contacts in Korea failed, only a mere $12.5 million of our tax dollars were lost forever. Ouch! It was really a smart move to "hide " them from the Bad Orangeman!!

Now that you have spent another 5-10 million to buy 500,000 new improved test kits from, I'm guessing here, Amazon, Mr. Bezos can contribute another 100 million to President Obama's legacy!! GREAT!!

2024 looks better sir!! Here's my humble suggestions for your presidential campaign , "SEE ya, I'm bought by Korea", "I'm a Republican Damn it" "Woo me just like Jumi", "I don't need to slogan, my ass is Larry Hogan".

TPD

the poor dad
College of Southern Maryland just announced their vaccine mandate policy yesterday for students. Those students who are granted a medical or religious exemption must submit a negative test every week, but that test can NOT be an at-home test.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
College of Southern Maryland just announced their vaccine mandate policy yesterday for students. Those students who are granted a medical or religious exemption must submit a negative test every week, but that test can NOT be an at-home test.
So, they're too stupid to know that the vaccine doesn't stop the spread too? I don't think I would want to attend an institution that places unsubstantiated fear over basic human rights.