Governor Governor Larry Hogan Appoints Marlon Amprey to Maryland House of Delegates

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
Amprey to Represent Legislative District 40, Baltimore City

ANNAPOLIS, MD—Governor Larry Hogan today announced the appointment of Marlon Amprey, Esq., to the Maryland House of Delegates. The governor appointed Amprey to the Maryland House of Delegates following the recommendation of the Baltimore City Democratic Central Committee.

“I am confident that Marlon Amprey will be a strong advocate for constituents in Baltimore City in his new role as delegate,” said Governor Hogan. “I offer him my sincere congratulations, and will work with him to change Maryland for the better.”

Amprey will represent Legislative District 40 in Baltimore City, filling the seat vacated by former Delegate Nick Mosby. Prior to joining Cole Scholz, where he serves as an associate, Amprey was a corporate associate at an international law firm in Washington, D.C. He earned his bachelor of arts from the University of Maryland, College Park, his master’s in education from George Mason University, and his juris doctorate from University of Pennsylvania with a certificate in business management from The Wharton School. During law school, Amprey served as a congressional intern for the late Congressman Elijah E. Cummings.

Amprey taught for four years as a Teach for America Corps member and volunteers as a big brother for Big Brothers Big Sisters of America. He also serves as a board member for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Baltimore and Code in the Schools.

-###-