Goya Foods CEO On Democrats’ Boycott Of Latino Company: ‘Hell No’ I’m ‘Not Apologizing’ For Praising Trump

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
During an event at the White House this week, Unanue said, “Today, it gives me great honor – and, by the way, we’re all truly blessed at the same time to have a leader like President Trump who is a builder. And that’s what my grandfather did: He came to this country to build, to grow, to prosper. And so we have an incredible builder, and we pray – we pray for our leadership, our president, and we pray for our country that we will continue to prosper and to grow.”

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) and other far-left Democrat politicians promoted a boycott of Goya Foods, encouraging people to abandon the Latino business because Unanue said positive things about the president.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/goya...hell-no-im-not-apologizing-for-praising-trump

Progressives Protesting a MINORITY Owned Business

:killingme

GoodnessME

During an event at the White House this week, Unanue said, “Today, it gives me great honor – and, by the way, we’re all truly blessed at the same time to have a leader like President Trump who is a builder. And that’s what my grandfather did: He came to this country to build, to grow, to prosper. And so we have an incredible builder, and we pray – we pray for our leadership, our president, and we pray for our country that we will continue to prosper and to grow.”

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) and other far-left Democrat politicians promoted a boycott of Goya Foods, encouraging people to abandon the Latino business because Unanue said positive things about the president.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/goya...hell-no-im-not-apologizing-for-praising-trump

Time to buy more Goya!!!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

Toxick

Splat

Why wouldn't she promote a boycott?

If there is one single takeaway from 2020 that we should ALL recognize, is that bullying is a super-effective way of getting any one of your whims fulfilled!

Louise

Why wouldn't she promote a boycott?

If there is one single takeaway from 2020 that we should ALL recognize, is that bullying is a super-effective way of getting any one of your whims fulfilled!

AOC speaking out against a company that is of her heritage is the ultimate irony. This proves the libs have no ethics. They just say crap of the day to get their way. How dare the CEO of Goya support Trump. Disgusting. Hold on to your MAGA hats, y’all! This is the turning point of the future of the USA. Vote wisely, and hope your vote doesn’t get trashed.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
An Attack On Goya Is An Attack On U.S. Hispanics

This week as part of the Hispanic Prosperity Initiative, Goya announced its donation of one million cans of food, and one million pounds of product to food banks across the United States, which would benefit individuals and families in need as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Goya has not only given back to the people from my community, but it’s also a staple of Hispanic culture. I grew up on Goya and I’ll never forget my abuela repeating their popular slogan: Si es Goya, tiene que ser bueno (If it’s Goya, it has to be good).

Democrats should know how important Goya is to Hispanic families, which is why it’s dumb to see liberals line up to boycott a company that helps minority communities. Goya doesn’t ask about a family’s political affiliation when they give scholarships to kids, nor do they care whether it’s a blue or red state they’re helping with disaster relief efforts. In fact, in 2011, Goya worked with and supported former first lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move campaign.

Liberals claim they care about Hispanics, yet they’re trying to “cancel” a company that means so much to people like my family and me. They care more about political ideology than actual results. One could easily argue that Goya CEO Robert Unanue has done more to help Hispanic Americans than any politician, from either party.

stgislander

PREMO Member
About the only Goya product I've ever purchased was Ginger Beer. Used as a mixer when I have a nice dark rum.

Unfortunately I don't like it as much as other ginger beers. I think it had too much "bite" to it.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Unfortunately I don't like it as much as other ginger beers. I think it had too much "bite" to it.

Thats good to know, I always liked Tiger Ginger Ale growing up for that very reason. It had a bite to it.

Now I've got to find Goya Ginger Beers.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Goya makes a drink called Malta Goya. That stuff makes Moxie taste like it's Dom Perignon.

Seems I'm not the only person that doesn't like that stuff:
I passed the goya isle and they had about 80 boxes of malta goya, I got one bottle for 49 cents thinking it was cream soda or sonething but it was terrible. Bitter meaty liquid with a terrible after taste and a stench that could kill a small animal.

UrbanDictionary.com proclaims Goya Malta to be “The most disgusting substance imaginable.” One angry individual felt so violated at how nasty he found Goya Malta, that he (or she) set up a website for people to share their personal stories of disgust about the drink.

Toxick

Splat
Democrats should know how important Goya is to Hispanic families, which is why it’s dumb to see liberals line up to boycott a company that helps minority communities.

Liberals claim they care about Hispanics, yet they’re trying to “cancel” a company that means so much to people like my family and me. They care more about political ideology than actual results.

Keep going AOC!

Maybe you'll clench the latinx vote for the GOP for the next 100 years.

Crabcatcher79

How is this different then when you guys burned you redskins tickets, your nikes, your dicks sporting goods purchases?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Goya Boycott: Everything Is Political Now

As the boycott against Goya gained steam on social media, Unanue took to Fox News to claim his right to free speech was being constrained. This misses the point, since calling for an economic boycott also constitutes free expression. More troubling is when members of Congress like Ocasio-Cortez and former high-ranking bureaucrats such as Castro use their power and influence to punish a private business in order to score partisan points.

Meanwhile, Republican former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee tweeted that leftists need no beans since "their speeches and whining already produce all the gas the planet can take." Ivanka Trump posted a photo in which she "endorses" Goya products ("if it's Goya, it has to be good"), only to be immediately accused of violating government ethics rules. Even the president tried to score partisan points on the food fight, staging a photo-op with Goya products in the Oval Office, an endorsement that arguably skews free-market competition since Goya's competitors have not been boosted in public by the commander in chief as a thanks for praise.

Among the sins that justify the uproar against Unanue in progressives' eyes are his past donations to Republican politicians such as former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, even though Unanue has also donated to Democratic Sen. Robert Menendez (N.J.). Unanue even mentioned his previous appearance at the White House under President Obama in 2011, when he said he was "honored and humbled" to be in the former president's presence. In 2012, Goya also took part in Michelle Obama's "Let's Move!" initiative, designed to provide parents "with the information they need to make healthy choices." None of which led to calls for Goya's cancellation.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Bodega Owners Reject Goya Boycott, AOC Hardest Hit

Following Goya CEO Robert Unanue’s praise for President Trump at a White House event, social media was alight with calls to boycott the food maker. Leading the fight was Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Proving that Twitter isn’t real life, the boycott has already proven to be a failure and it took yet another hit today. The United Bodegas of America (UBA) said it will keep stocking Goya products.

Members gathered to reject the boycott in a public statement. According to UBA spokesman Fernando Mateo:

“Goya Foods employs over 5,000 people in the Tristate area, these are 5000 of our family members that Goya is supporting. Goya is not just a brand, they’re an institutional family member. We will never turn our backs on those that have been there for all Latin America. Let’s raise and commend Goya Foods for all the good they have done, let’s NOT allow anyone to tell us what we can or can’t buy, Si Es Goya Tiene Que Ser Bueno. Let’s leave it at that.”
The group also highlighted Goya’s record of social responsibility. As an example, the company is donating 2 million pounds of food to those in need during the pandemic.