graduation

sal86

its goin to very difficult graduatin this year and knowin that the ones who mean most to me, ill prob never see again even if we did try our hardest to keep in touch with one another. i have a bf to keep me occupied and help keep my mind off such thoughts...but what happens if my bf and i break up.? after graduation ill feel as tho there is nothin left for me in friendships....what would you recommend i do?

JabbaJawz

Be about it
The local community college probably offers some awesome classes on punctuation, grammar, etc... :wink: That would probably keep you busy, at least for the summer. :shrug:

On another note...I'd say that you should have a plan for the future. Are you going to college, getting a job, or what? Look forward to new challenges.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by sal86
its goin to very difficult graduatin this year and knowin that the ones who mean most to me, ill prob never see again even if we did try our hardest to keep in touch with one another. i have a bf to keep me occupied and help keep my mind off such thoughts...but what happens if my bf and i break up.? after graduation ill feel as tho there is nothin left for me in friendships....what would you recommend i do?

Learn to be happy inside instead of trying to find it in other people. Keep yourself busy. Get a job. Register for college.

K

Kizzy

I just had a funny thought. If a person is graduating this year from high school that means they were born around 1986, that was when I graduated. :banghead: On second thought, I find no humor in that at all. :bawl:

Good luck in whatever you do and don't get married until you are at the very least 25.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
what would you recommend i do?

Go to college. Live in the dorms for at least a year. By the end of your freshman year, you'll have a dozen new friends.

That'll be $40.

1. If they are your real friends they will keep in touch, as you must keep in touch with them.

2. Don't wrap yourself up in the boyfriend because then you will have no friends and truth be told he gets boring after awhile

3. Enjoy your summer of freedom befor you have to enter into the adult working world or going to colllege. This is your last summer as a kid. ENJOY IT!!!

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?

You are "graduatin"? I'm very disappointed in the school system.

As a sidenote, I believe you will find that High School was little more than a sugar coated fantasy which reflects the real world about as well as crinkled tinfoil. Take a refresher course in English. Apply to college. Get out in the world, work, and build a life for yourself. At this stage in your life, your "bf" should be an afterthought. If he sticks around despite all that, then you'll know he's worth your while.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Club'nBabySeals
You are "graduatin"? I'm very disappointed in the school system.

As a sidenote, I believe you will find that High School was little more than a sugar coated fantasy which reflects the real world about as well as crinkled tinfoil. Take a refresher course in English. Apply to college. Get out in the world, work, and build a life for yourself. At this stage in your life, your "bf" should be an afterthought. If he sticks around despite all that, then you'll know he's worth your while.
Very well said.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Re: Re: graduation

Originally posted by DoWhat
Your new AV looks stupid.

That would be $100.

You hijacked your AV from my tread. You're stupid.
Debt paid in full. :biggrin:

CMC122

Go Braves!
When I was your age that was the least of my worries. By the time I graduated I had been on my own for 6 months. I had absolutely nothing when I left home. Not a friggen red cent, a car or a driver's liscense.

Count your blessings and move on. Boyfriends and friends will always come and go. If they are your real friends and it's true love with the BF then it'll be. But at 17 or 18 I doubt it. Your life is what YOU make it.

citysherry

I Need a Beer

Based upon your post, it appears that you're not college bound - find a way to make it happen. I'll pass onto you some of the advice my parents gave to me and my brothers and sisters: college and the four years following will be some of the best years of your life; don't get married before you're 30; you are responsible for your own happiness no one else is; don't start a family if you can't be concerned more with the needs and wishes of your child(ren) than your own.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: graduation

Originally posted by citysherry
Based upon your post, it appears that you're not college bound - find a way to make it happen. I'll pass onto you some of the advice my parents gave to me and my brothers and sisters: college and the four years following will be some of the best years of your life; don't get married before you're 30; you are responsible for your own happiness no one else is; don't start a family if you can't be concerned more with the needs and wishes of your child(ren) than your own.
:yay:

Nupe2

Re: Re: graduation

Originally posted by citysherry

AMEN! You should copy this post and paste it on your bathroom mirror, put a copy in your wallet, etc. etc. This is advice that will serve you well. Good luck in the future and congratulations on your graduation.

:clap: