Grammie's Famous Chicken Salad

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Grammie is my ex-husband's ex-mother in law. She wouldn't give me her super secret chicken salad recipe (which is the best I've ever had), so I had her beloved granddaughter call and get it.

:evil:

Grill boneless chicken breasts
Chop the meat and add:
minced onion
minced celery
salt and pepper to taste
And the secret:

Instead of using mayonnaise for the dressing, use 1/2 mayo and 1/2 sour cream. This makes it lighter and more refreshing.

Also, mincing the onion and celery incorporates the flavor better so you don't have these chunks of stuff going on.

So anyway, that's what I'm making today. Monello's out grilling the chicken right now. We'll have a big bin of it and can have it over greens for a salad, mixed with pasta like a casserole, sandwiches, etc.

Auntie Biache'

I'm a chicken salad snob. Nobody makes it better than me. Texture has a lot to do with it. Gotta' chop it up nice and small. Has to be done by hand, otherwise it doesn't come out right.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm a chicken salad snob. Nobody makes it better than me. Texture has a lot to do with it. Gotta' chop it up nice and small. Has to be done by hand, otherwise it doesn't come out right.

Agree. I like the flavor but not the chunks of stuff.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My former MIL made really good chicken salad. She ended up hating me and now she's dead. I never did get the recipe.