Grass Clippings

DEEKAYPEE8569

Is there a County ordinance or any such thing that prohibits blowing cut grass onto residential streets and leaving it?

DEEKAYPEE8569

Not sure if there is a law or ordnance. But it is a complete douchebag move to do it.
I agree 100%. I ask because I recently saw a freshly cut lawn and just outside this lawn; in the street was/were grass clippings. (No, I didn't commit this 'douchebag move.')

glhs837

Power with Control
Douche move, agreed. Riders that get caught out by this sahre some blame, however. Oddly enough, we are having this exact same conversation on my riders FB group. Oddly, the Brits are the most vociferous that it's all the fault of the person that placed the clippings.

Auntie Biache'

Why is this all of a sudden a thing? What did people riding motorcycles do about grass clippings on the road 10 years ago? 20? 50? I'm seriously curious why people are complaining about it now, but never have in the past.

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm sure they comp,ained about it years ago. But hose complaints made it as far as fellow riders ears, and not much farther. Now complaints go global, and you suddenly find you have a few million people all complaining about the same thing. I never complianed to anyone else, but I've always been a solo rider.

As to what they did about it? If they were skilled riders, they noticed with annoyance and moved on. If not, they crashed and complained.

WingsOfGold

Why is this all of a sudden a thing? What did people riding motorcycles do about grass clippings on the road 10 years ago? 20? 50? I'm seriously curious why people are complaining about it now, but never have in the past.
I never gave it a thought, both old Norton Commando's and 900 Sportsters scattered clippings to the wind.
Some protest too much IMHO.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I found something about motorcycles on page 3. Before that, just a bunch of belly achin'.

People used to know how to deal with grass clippings. They probably drove around them. I don't what the big stink is. I rarely see grass clippings on the road.
It's common out here too because people don't know how to cut grass. I blow the clippings on to the uncut grass and "mulch cut/double/triple cut" them so as not to leave horrendous clipping tracks through the yard.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I found something about motorcycles on page 3. Before that, just a bunch of belly achin'.

People used to know how to deal with grass clippings. They probably drove around them. I don't what the big stink is. I rarely see grass clippings on the road.
As you know, a LOT of my friends ride (and I'm a passenger) so this is a legitimate thing. Here's a recent story: Unfortunately, she was too close to take evasive action.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

So I'm rounding a turn on my dresser at 30 mph and suddenly encounter fresh thick greasy grass cuttings covering the road. You're the expert, obviously,,,what do I do next?

glhs837

Power with Control
Which story speaks to my point. 20 years ago, this would have a been a local only story. But thanks to FB and Twiiter, this one story has made the rounds both nationally and internationally. Also speaks to my point that riders have some responsibility.

Auntie Biache'

As you know, a LOT of my friends ride (and I'm a passenger) so this is a legitimate thing. Here's a recent story: Unfortunately, she was too close to take evasive action.

My dear husband now has a bike. While I can appreciate when something like this hits home, I still don't feel it's that big of a deal. And while I don't mean to offend, I'm pretty tired of how whiny bikers have gotten, especially considering how some of them drive. They're quick to point a finger at the other guy, but nobody says "boo" when they screw things up themselves. You and I both know someone who did that. If you're gonna' put your happy ass on two wheels, with no protection from anything that comes at you, be prepared for the consequences. I think anyone who gets on a bike needs to have their head examined-including my dear husband.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My dear husband now has a bike. While I can appreciate when something like this hits home, I still don't feel it's that big of a deal. And while I don't mean to offend, I'm pretty tired of how whiny bikers have gotten, especially considering how some of them drive. They're quick to point a finger at the other guy, but nobody says "boo" when they screw things up themselves. You and I both know someone who did that. If you're gonna' put your happy ass on two wheels, with no protection from anything that comes at you, be prepared for the consequences. I think anyone who gets on a bike needs to have their head examined-including my dear husband.
Speedo bought a bike!?! Wow! What did he get?

I agree that there are some ******* riders out there. Case in point:

I have also had friends hit deer and birds that came out of nowhere or couldn't be avoided. Sometimes and accident is just that, an accident. Not the fault of the rider.

glhs837

Power with Control

Oh screw off. We're pretty tired of people like you who want to judge our mental state and decide that we are whiny when you lazy cager bastards cannot even look around you before pulling out in front of others or stay off our phones long enough to check the next lane before cutting over. I know you dont do that, but hey you want to judge me and mine by how some assho^% rides his bike, well guesss what, sweetheart, that broad brush paints two damn ways. Plenty of us riders call out asshats on two wheels. And we didnt ask for your opinion about our mental state. My heads just fine, thanks. It's called risk managment, and I do that.