Grass cuttings in the road

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Why do people mow their grass so that the discharged grass shoots out in to the roadway?

It looks horrible.

Toxick

Splat
Why do people mow their grass so that the discharged grass shoots out in to the roadway?

It looks horrible.

If you blow it into the street, it's gone in a day or two.

If you leave it on your lawn, it turns brown and stays there until you mow again, and then you have a new layer that will stay there and turn brown.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
If you blow it into the street, it's gone in a day or two.

If you leave it on your lawn, it turns brown and stays there until you mow again, and then you have a new layer that will stay there and turn brown.
Yeah, I get that.

But I'm not talking about a "little" bit of grass debris. I'm talking about the folks that discharge practically their entire lawns' worth of grass in to the road.

It looks ghastly.

And to top it off, it's dangerous. With the night's dew on the road and grass, it makes the grass really slippery.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!

It looks horrible.

I wonder if you live in my neighborhood, my neighbors did just that last night. There are 3 or 4 different yards near mine with a lot of discharged grass now on the road.

DQ2B

It looks horrible.

This is a problem big enough to complain about on a public forum? Sheesh, I wish that's all I had to worry about.

It we all would just switch to astroturf and plastic flowers, this country would be a better place. I think I'll email that suggestion to whitehouse.gov

This is a problem big enough to complain about on a public forum? Sheesh, I wish that's all I had to worry about.

Lookie here. Itsbob just survived another birthday and at his age could easily slip on wet grass and break a hip. Dayum skippy she has a valid concern.

DQ2B

Lookie here. Itsbob just survived another birthday and at his age could easily slip on wet grass and break a hip. Dayum skippy she has a valid concern.

Oh, well in that case, let's get the country to make it an ordinance. Grass clippings may not be blown into the road. A fine of $xxxx will be imposed.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
See, I don't care if they rake or not. But if you're not prepared to rake it up, put in your yard...not in the street.

See misteresa's post, above. She's referring to you, obviously. :rolleyes:

Hi Honey!!

California is having a Garage sale.. and they are selling some of the CHiP bikes for $2200..

Would you mind if I picked one up while I was out there?

I was thinking of getting two, but I don't know how'd I'd ride two back home.

Chrystee

Be glad they mow!
We have a bunch in our neighborhood who refuse to mow, or weed. My toddler would get lost in their forests.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

You're probably right, it's not important enough to ##### about on the intranets..

Did they ever get that pole extraction done??

Always wondered how you could sit with that 6 foot pole 3 feet up your ass..