Great American Trail Horse Auction

mingiz

Horse Poor
I'm going. :banana: Happy you can find some nice horses there at good prices. They have a trail class show on Friday night and you can see most of them work. There are quite a few gaited horses there also. THey also have a gaited contest with the drink glasses. There are a few vendors and you can find some good deals on tack.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I'm there. I guess i'll tell the fellow with the RMs i'm going to wait to make a purchase :lol:
Although i DO like the 2 y/o chocolate filly.... :ohwell: if he comes down to my price range i just might go for her.

Appy you're going WITH me...i need someone to ride the one's i'm considering :lol:

mingiz

Horse Poor
We're going down Friday morning and coming back Sunday. Appy I have never seen any paso's there. But ya never know. It's a trail horse sale. Happy I can give you a more scenic route to go. Instead of 95-64-81 we go through Fredericksburg and shoot across the back roads which are ok for rigs and you see some NICE farms. Let me know....Oh Appy I'm so glad that your babies are doing much better. One day I'll make it there..... :huggy:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
I saw the pictures of your babies they are adorable. I hope things are going better with them. How old are they now?

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
The 1st foal born to mygoldnhorse (Fancy not me) :lmao: had a foal that would not nurse. Of course Plum Loco kept saying to just leave them alone she will catch on....You damn women and your horses....Well on the 2nd day when I had the blood test pulled it was low.... :tantrum sooo Dr Alises (Tidewater) had to do a plasma transfusion on her at 2 days old. After $300 vet bill I had to pay :smack: I learned that lesson hard.
But I know in your case it was unpreventable.....But at $$$$$ a pop thats some expensive shiat! I'm glad yours are over that.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
mingiz said:
We're going down Friday morning and coming back Sunday.
might just follow you-i love seeing big pwetty farms. are you taking your rig? where are you staying? i was thinking of staying in my rig, but i have a friend who lives in Fredericksburg may stay with her.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Happy I don't know what time we're leaving, probably around 8am that Friday. They have hookups at the horse center. Water & elec. They are located behind the barns. Just a backup into type of site. If your going to stay over in fredericksburg you can shoot down 3 west towards culpepper then take rt 20 and it will take you over to 64 then not long before your on 81. My firend took his rig and stayed there but it got cold that night and the water hose frooze up on him , becasue he didn't turn the spigot off. Let me know, you could meet up with us on 234 somewhere. OH I can't remember the hotel were staying in. My friend did the booking. I'll find out and let you know.

Appy I did comment on your babies. They look great! It's good that they have you for a mom! :huggy:

mingiz

Horse Poor
If I remember correctly it was atleast 4. Nothing really starts until Friday eve.(trail class) But all day long you can check out the horses and try them...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I'm nervous about trying new horses at an auction.....and i'm sorely tempted by the lovely Chocolate Rocky Mntn horse filly, but that guy wants a pretty penny for her...so i don't know if i should buy her or wait until the auction....decisions...decisions....i know what her background is-prolly safer to buy what i know?...:confused: