Great ANOTHER tax cut proposal

transporter

Trump eyeing a 10 percent middle-income tax cut plan

“We’re putting in a resolution sometime in the next week or week-and-a-half, two weeks,” Trump said. “We’re giving a middle-income tax reduction of about 10 percent. We’re doing it now for middle-income people.”

Trump said on Saturday his administration was studying a tax cut to be rolled out some time around the beginning of November just before the Nov. 6 congressional elections, even though lawmakers are out of town campaigning and Congress is not in session

What a buffoon. For those who don't recall, our deficit for the just concluded 2018 fiscal year was $779B. Our inept, incompetent and unfit President wants to put even more upward pressure on the deficit.

For what? So people can go out and buy more goods made in China that will break or be outdated in a couple years? Christ....

This_person

Trump eyeing a 10 percent middle-income tax cut plan

What a buffoon. For those who don't recall, our deficit for the just concluded 2018 fiscal year was $779B. Our inept, incompetent and unfit President wants to put even more upward pressure on the deficit.

For what? So people can go out and buy more goods made in China that will break or be outdated in a couple years? Christ....

Just to make sure I understand what you're saying here - you find it a BAD thing that the government might allow people to keep more of their own money, right?

Chris0nllyn

Just to make sure I understand what you're saying here - you find it a BAD thing that the government might allow people to keep more of their own money, right?

I can't speak for transporter, but personally I think it's great. My problem is that those tax cuts are not coupled with spending cuts. We can't keep doing this.

This_person

I can't speak for transporter, but personally I think it's great. My problem is that those tax cuts are not coupled with spending cuts. We can't keep doing this.

The problem is not the tax cuts, the problem is the lack of spending cuts. We can agree on that point for sure.

However, NOT giving tax cuts is not the solution to that problem. Two wrongs don't make a right.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Do you agree that tax cuts result in expanding the tax base, therefore more revenue to the federal coffers? Do keep in mind that Trump has tasked each agency (save the DoD) to cut spending by 5% per agency.

Chris0nllyn

The problem is not the tax cuts, the problem is the lack of spending cuts. We can agree on that point for sure.

However, NOT giving tax cuts is not the solution to that problem. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I agree 100% and certainly am not advocating for raising taxes because the govt. couldn't fiscally manage their way out of a wet paper bag.

Do you agree that tax cuts result in expanding the tax base, therefore more revenue to the federal coffers? Do keep in mind that Trump has tasked each agency (save the DoD) to cut spending by 5% per agency.

Yes, I agree. Note that Trump asking and it actually happening are two different things. Congress members would have to justify to their constituents the potential job losses.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Yes, I agree. Note that Trump asking and it actually happening are two different things. Congress members would have to justify to their constituents the potential job losses.

My god! When the government spends too much you complain (rightly so). When a president finally proposes spending cuts you complain about job losses. Did you know there is a 7.1 million job surplus out there?

Chris0nllyn

My god! When the government spends too much you complain (rightly so). When a president finally proposes spending cuts you complain about job losses. Did you know there is a 7.1 million job surplus out there?

I'm not complaining, just pointing out the reality of Congress needing to pass the tax cuts, not Trump simply wanting them. Note that no one has seen or heard of this tax cut until Trump's rally, so I think it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Especially since Trump said a proposal would come in 2 weeks and it would pass in November. The House is not in session and won't even return until mid-November.

This sort of stuff sounds good when yammering to a crowd of your supporters, but let's be real about it.