Great article about Geraldo

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/31/AR2005103101874.html

Intrepid foreign correspondent Geraldo Rivera . . . no, wait. Talk-show pioneer Geraldo Rivera . . . um, no. Ah, here we go: Self-aggrandizing tabloid TV legend Geraldo Rivera is back on broadcast TV after a long exile on cable, doing what Geraldo once did so well -- delving into the squalid and lurid...

Younger viewers who know Geraldo only from his later, relatively mellow period as a talk host on CNBC and a reporter/talk host on Fox News Channel probably will not realize that he practically invented trash TV a few decades ago. His syndicated talk show specialized in such topics as "Men Who Marry Prostitutes" and "Drag Queens on Parade"...

He once had fat from his buttocks injected into his forehead on TV because, well, it wasn't exactly clear why.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
:fixed:

Pete said:
"Tonio is the somd forum's answer to Geraldo. He needs to be sealed in Al Capone's vault for the sake of our sanity." - Pete

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Pete said:
:yay:

I was trying to be nice. You have changed alot in the last few months :yay:
Thanks. You're in my sig.

Too bad the sigs are limited to 500 characters, or I could use something like this:

Larry Gude or Bruzilla: "I can't believe Tonio passes himself off as a man. He doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, doesn't own guns, doesn't drive a pickup truck, doesn't watch football, doesn't follow NASCAR, and doesn't own a chainsaw. He might as well be wearing a dress."

News bulletin: DoWhat, a longtime member of the Southern Maryland Forums, was found dead of an apparent suicide this morning. Acting on a tip from board administrator Vraiblonde, police found the Forumite's lifeless body slumped over his computer keyboard. Before taking his own life, DoWhat left a rambling, incoherent suicide note in a Forum thread. "I just can't take Tonio's pathetic sense of humor anymore," he wrote. "I can't stand to live in a world where he remains free to spread his poison. The blame for my death rightly belongs on Tonio's slumping shoulders. Damn you, Tonio!"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:lmao: @ Tonio

The libs have been dying to go for Geraldo's throat ever since he went to Fox and became a gonzo intrepid reporter. When he was simply a Left-wing sycophant they loved his ass.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
vraiblonde said:
:lmao: @ Tonio

The libs have been dying to go for Geraldo's throat ever since he went to Fox and became a gonzo intrepid reporter. When he was simply a Left-wing sycophant they loved his ass.
Glad you liked the long-form sigs.

I never heard of Geraldo being a hero to lefties. Spy Magazine, hardly a conservative publication, trashed him when he launched his first talk show in the early '90s. I suspect that most media people on both sides consider him a joke.

willie

I could never figure why Fox, or any network, would want to be associated with him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonio said:
I never heard of Geraldo being a hero to lefties.
He was THE biggest Clinton apologist out there, outside elected and appointed Democrat officials.

I'll never forget when he had his CNBC show, during the impeachment hearings, he'd bring on guests to talk about how great President Clinton was and how the Repukelicans were just evil in their "politics of personal destruction". Never anyone suggesting that Clinton was wrong, just the fan club.

One show he had on Susan MacDougal (fresh out of prison), James Bakker (also fresh out of prison), and Larry Flynt to talk about what a good, honest man their boy was.

:lmao:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
vraiblonde said:
He was THE biggest Clinton apologist out there, outside elected and appointed Democrat officials.
Don't forget that he was one of Michael Jackson's advocates/supporters. :boo:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
vraiblonde said:
I'll never forget when he had his CNBC show, during the impeachment hearings, he'd bring on guests to talk about how great President Clinton was and how the Repukelicans were just evil in their "politics of personal destruction". Never anyone suggesting that Clinton was wrong, just the fan club.
Shows what I miss by not watching TV news. Sounds like he was trying to be "respectable." To me, he'll always have the dishonor of being the king of trash TV.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonio said:
To me, he'll always have the dishonor of being the king of trash TV.
He is the god :notworthy

One thing you have to like about Geraldo is he's not a wuss like Anderson Cooper and some of these other dorksteins. Geraldo will wear his nose bandage proudly after getting pounded by white supremecists. :yay: And apparently he was a rather prolific ladies man in his day. You can't picture Shep Smith getting butt wild - he probably pretends to be Geraldo in chat rooms so he can get his flirt on.

"What??? You're NOT Geraldo??? You're SHEP SMITH???? Ack!" :logoff: