Great Customer Service

I ordered some weatherproof totes online from The Container Store. Just got them, but 2 of the lids had gotten damaged in shipping. I gave them a call.
"How can I help you?"
"I just received an order, but two of the lids were broken."
"That would be lids for the (8) 41 quart weathertight totes, correct?"
Me, on the other end, jaw wide open...... "How the heck did you know that so quickly? I didn't even give you my name or order number!!"
"From the phone number you called in on!" "Ok, so sending you 2 new lids."
We both laughed. Holy carp.......
So, no questions asked, no returns, no pictures, sending new ones expedited right away.

Just got the notice by mail. The part number in the new invoice is for 2 new complete totes with lids, not just lids.

That's how it should be.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
People will abuse this sort of benevolence. Like the people who put hair in their food in order to get the meal comped. The few ruin it for the many.

SamSpade

It is still generally true that GREAT customer service trumps quality of product.
If a place treats you great, you will still go back for mediocre product.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
People will abuse this sort of benevolence. Like the people who put hair in their food in order to get the meal comped. The few ruin it for the many.

That is a sad fact and why we can't have nice things.

But I do enjoy good customer service while it lasts.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Just like when you purchase an item that says on the leaflet inside a product box, "Do not return to place of purchase if damaged or missing parts". Call the number and swoosh, new product or part shipped out quite expeditiously. They do not, really really do not, want that product returned, opened and broken, to the store. It's a charge back on their system. Bad for them.