Great Mills 7-11

DogWhisperer

Does anyone know what's happening to the 7-11 near Great Mills High School? I think they've been working on it for what seems like two years and it's come to a complete stop.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Does anyone know what's happening to the 7-11 near Great Mills High School? I think they've been working on it for what seems like two years and it's come to a complete stop.
Story I'd gotten from someone who had been working that job site was that the county screwed up the permitting process by missing the fact there was a gas line running though the property. Supposedly all work was halted until that line could be re-routed. Don't hold me to the accuracy of that....but it seemed legit at the time. That said, that was a good while ago now...you'd think they would have that sorted out by now.

Tech

Story I'd gotten from someone who had been working that job site was that the county screwed up the permitting process by missing the fact there was a gas line running though the property. Supposedly all work was halted until that line could be re-routed. Don't hold me to the accuracy of that....but it seemed legit at the time. That said, that was a good while ago now...you'd think they would have that sorted out by now.
They were doing some sidewalk work yesterday. You think, since all the gas lines were put in less than 30 years ago, that someone would have written down where they were laid. Come on man, they could figure out the percentage of your property that was non pervious for the rain tax.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Used to be one right next to Blue Wind, and they shut down. Can't imagine why they would go thru the trouble of opening a new one.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Used to be one right next to Blue Wind, and they shut down. Can't imagine why they would go thru the trouble of opening a new one.
The crossover was closed so they lost a lot of morning coffee customers.

black dog

Free America
They were doing some sidewalk work yesterday. You think, since all the gas lines were put in less than 30 years ago, that someone would have written down where they were laid. Come on man, they could figure out the percentage of your property that was non pervious for the rain tax.
Never seen an utility asbuilt with measurements.

NG lines will have a tracer tape put in the trench on top of the sand above the gas line.
When one trenches theough it you get loads of shiney yellow, green, aluminum glitter come to the surface on the trencher chain.
Sand is used above the gas line so when digging with a bucket or a trencher you hopefully see the different color sand before you cut the line.
Its an aluminumized tape that they can track out when painting/flagging when a Miss Utility Ticket is called in.

Tech

Never seen an utility asbuilt with measurements.

NG lines will have a tracer tape put in the trench on top of the sand above the gas line.
When one trenches theough it you get loads of shiney yellow, green, aluminum glitter come to the surface on the trencher chain.
Sand is used above the gas line so when digging with a bucket or a trencher you hopefully see the different color sand before you cut the line.
Its an aluminumized tape that they can track out when painting/flagging when a Miss Utility Ticket is called in.
And they still hit them everytime they bring out the backhoe. They're putting in the drains for the new section of FDR, wait till they get to the cross streets that have gas.