Green Bay Packer fans

So, you miss Brett yet?

Seriously, this Rodgers guy sucks. I mean, I knew he was gonna suck, but I never imagined he could suck this bad. No heart. No fire. No arm. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 10 yards away. He doesn't even look like he's having fun out there - looks like he'd rather be home knitting or something.

They might not be much of an improvement, but we've got a couple guys here in Washington we'd be willing to trade you. That is, I mean, if you think a real QB might give you at least some chance to save your season.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Just think how much better they'd be if they still had St. Brett!

They'd be, like, 9-0 and...and then some! They'd be, like, 9-0 WITH St. Brett!
They'd be...even more better!

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
In 2005, The Redskins picked Carlos Rodgers as their number one draft pick; 2 picks later, the Cowboys picked DeMarcus Ware. The 24th pick went to GB; who chose Aaron Rodgers. The Redskins countered with the 25 pick...Jason Campbell.

How'd that work out for you guys? :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
In 2005, The Redskins picked Carlos Rodgers as their number one draft pick; 2 picks later, the Cowboys picked DeMarcus Ware. The 24th pick went to GB; who chose Aaron Rodgers. The Redskins countered with the 25 pick...Jason Campbell.

Kicking a team when they are down is not considered good form.

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?

A high draft pick or great college stats very often mean little or nothing in the NFL! Many aspects of the game are completely different. A good QB in college might not be able to handle the pace of an NFL game or be able to understand, learn, and quickly read the defensive schemes. There have been a lot of #1 QB picks that have done nothing and others that were lower picks like Brady and Rodgers that have performed very well. Any draft pick is a gamble - teams do their best based on the info they have about a particular player and unfortunately sometimes they get a lemon.

thurley42

HY;FR
A high draft pick or great college stats very often mean little or nothing in the NFL! Many aspects of the game are completely different. A good QB in college might not be able to handle the pace of an NFL game or be able to understand, learn, and quickly read the defensive schemes. There have been a lot of #1 QB picks that have done nothing and others that were lower picks like Brady and Rodgers that have performed very well. Any draft pick is a gamble - teams do their best based on the info they have about a particular player and unfortunately sometimes they get a lemon.

I don't really think you can classify Rodgers as a low pick he was 24. Brady was 199 that's a low pick.

You're telling me the Packers had a chance to draft Jason Campbell and passed? No wonder Brett got out of Green Bay but quick, they'll never win anything making those kinds of personnel decisions.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
You're telling me the Packers had a chance to draft Jason Campbell and passed? No wonder Brett got out of Green Bay but quick, they'll never win anything making those kinds of personnel decisions.

Imagine where they would be now had they chosen Campbell over Rodgers. :lol:

LordStanley

I know nothing

:killingme

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
I don't really think you can classify Rodgers as a low pick he was 24. Brady was 199 that's a low pick.

I didn't say Rodgers was a low pick. I was comparing him and Brady as lower than the highly acclaimed #1 picks that don't amount to anything.

Anyone think Stanford's Andrew Luck is going to be the #1 pick for the Colts? Whereever he ends up, do you think he'll make it in the NFL?

Last edited:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid

How many trophies y'all hoisted since then :eyebrow: ZACTLY, NOW GO SIT BACK DOWN! :shutup:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
How many trophies y'all hoisted since then :eyebrow: ZACTLY, NOW GO SIT BACK DOWN! :shutup:

None. But since 2009, we have at least been tied for first in the NFC east at the end of the regular season, and we have made it to the playoffs since then.

Even with our disastrous season last year ala Wade Phillips, the Cowboys have managed to eek out a 22-19 win/loss record since 2009. The Redskins have maintained sole possession of LAST place in the NFC East since then with a combined record of 13 wins and 28 losses.

I'll be more than happy to join you on the couch though. :love:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
None. But since 2009, we have at least been tied for first in the NFC east at the end of the regular season, and we have made it to the playoffs since then.

Even with our disastrous season last year ala Wade Phillips, the Cowboys have managed to eek out a 22-19 win/loss record since 2009. The Redskins have maintained sole possession of LAST place in the NFC East since then with a combined record of 13 wins and 28 losses.

I'll be more than happy to join you on the couch though. :love:

At the end of the day, ask the Patriots how that 18-1 season worked for them :wink: Regular season is just something to talk about, SB's are worth braggin over.... and neither of our teams have done SQUAT since the 90's :lmao:

But yes, you can join me on my couch anytime you'd like :smoochy::whip::getdown::cool:

PsyOps

Pixelated

Come on... Snottie signed him for what? $3 mil? What better feeling than to spend all that money. With every season the spending got better and better. I mean isn't that the objective here? Worked out great; it just depends on how you look at it.