GREEN BROWNSHIRTS STRIKE AT MICHAEL MOORE

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Despite his loony point of view, Moore is right about wind and solar: they are intermittent, unreliable, ridiculously expensive, and bad for the environment. That message was too much for the lavishly funded “green” establishment, which has responded by trying to shut Moore up and ban his film:

The claim that Moore’s distributor had “retracted” the film was false. The distributor is Moore’s Rumble Films. A single outlet, Films For Action, took Planet of the Humans down from their site, but later restored it. The movie is available on YouTube, where it has already been seen more than 2.5 million times. Talking about film distribution at the moment is a little ironic, since all of the theaters are closed.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/04/green-brownshirts-strike-at-michael-moore.php

Clem72

Like everything else, there is a right and a wrong application for both solar and wind. I'm not the wind expert, but I'm sure Gilligan can speak to it. Where I lived in Arizona we had sun 3500+ hours of sunshine per year, and utility electric was fairly pricey, so even unsubsidised solar with batteries was a clear winner.

UglyBear

Like everything else, there is a right and a wrong application for both solar and wind. I'm not the wind expert, but I'm sure Gilligan can speak to it. Where I lived in Arizona we had sun 3500+ hours of sunshine per year, and utility electric was fairly pricey, so even unsubsidised solar with batteries was a clear winner.
That's Capitalism you are talking about -- see the problem, consider all the available options, and choose the option that provides the best cost-benefit ratio in the free and open marketplace. Hysteria of the Greenies is more religious.

If you remove the almost cult-like approach to renewables, indeed a lot of people would love to use solar where it warrants, geothermal where it's convenient, and wind where it's available and safe.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Wind power makes sense where there is a lot of reliable wind (duh) and room to place the turbines. Many of the projects being pushed in the US meet neither of those criteria...even more don’t satisfy the first one.

Clem72

Wind power makes sense where there is a lot of reliable wind (duh) and room to place the turbines. Many of the projects being pushed in the US meet neither of those criteria...even more don’t satisfy the first one.

I just remember 20-25 years ago driving through Redlands California and seeing the dozens (maybe hundreds) of windmills. Always looked like 2/3rds of them were not moving.