Greetings from Bastrop, TX

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We are pushed back a week now. There is more going on than we thought, so Monello will be in the hospital for several more days. They say it wasn't a heart attack, though, but appears to be a blockage. They'll know more when they do the tests on Monday.

This was my greatest fear taking off like this (besides, you know, death). But it's being taken care of and managed and is going as smoothly as those things go.

And here's your PSA:

A dear friend of mine just lost her longtime companion to heart failure. He was experiencing some shortness of breath and feeling tired, and shortly after he was gone. This happened to another friend's ex-husband as well. Both can tell their story if the want to but I won't name any names. So guys, I'm talking to you in particular because you all tend to man up and not want to go get your health taken care of. If you are experiencing anything unusual, don't mess around with it - go to ER and have them check. Better yet, go in periodically and get a complete physical. They can fix these glitchies fairly easily but not if you wait until it's too late.

He considered rolling down the road today on schedule and get looked at in Corpus Christi, and that might have been an enormous mistake. I'm lucky that Monello does take his health seriously and when I say, "It's up to you, what do you think?" he'll make the right decision.

Glad you caught it. You'll be good to go again soon.

Vrai, sitting here listening to a song I heard first on your SOMD radio show, Have love, will travel... Bill Kirchin

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Glad you caught it. You'll be good to go again soon.

Vrai, sitting here listening to a song I heard first on your SOMD radio show, Have love, will travel... Bill Kirchin

I love Bill Kirchen! Would love to be able to coincide with one of his gigs and see him play again.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We are pushed back a week now. There is more going on than we thought, so Monello will be in the hospital for several more days. They say it wasn't a heart attack, though, but appears to be a blockage. They'll know more when they do the tests on Monday.

This was my greatest fear taking off like this (besides, you know, death). But it's being taken care of and managed and is going as smoothly as those things go.

And here's your PSA:

A dear friend of mine just lost her longtime companion to heart failure. He was experiencing some shortness of breath and feeling tired, and shortly after he was gone. This happened to another friend's ex-husband as well. Both can tell their story if the want to but I won't name any names. So guys, I'm talking to you in particular because you all tend to man up and not want to go get your health taken care of. If you are experiencing anything unusual, don't mess around with it - go to ER and have them check. Better yet, go in periodically and get a complete physical. They can fix these glitchies fairly easily but not if you wait until it's too late.

He considered rolling down the road today on schedule and get looked at in Corpus Christi, and that might have been an enormous mistake. I'm lucky that Monello does take his health seriously and when I say, "It's up to you, what do you think?" he'll make the right decision.

Speedy recovery!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

And here's your PSA:

:huggy:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Happy to hear Monello is ok. :smile: The Grand Canyon will still be there when y’all can go.

Last edited:

NextJen

Raisin cane
A dear friend of mine just lost her longtime companion to heart failure. He was experiencing some shortness of breath and feeling tired, and shortly after he was gone.

Men tend to not take very good care of themselves. At least most that I know. Many routine tests are put off when most things could be caught early. Richard had been feeling 'off' for some time after starting blood pressure meds back in June. He would say every once in awhile over the last few months, "I gotta get back to the doctor....there are times that I just feel blah", or "I just don't feel right."
Of course I would encourage him to go and get checked out....maybe all he needed was the doctor to tweak his meds.

Well, he waited too long.

For anyone reading this - please get your regular check ups, and PLEASE, pay attention to what your body may be telling you. If something doesn't feel right, then things probably aren't right.

I'm glad Monello paid attention to the warning signs and that Richard was still fresh in your minds to maybe help you make the right decision. Praying all goes smoothly with whatever the doctors decide is the best course of action. :huggy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm glad Monello paid attention to the warning signs and that Richard was still fresh in your minds to maybe help you make the right decision.

That definitely had something to do with it. :huggy:

Also my former brother-in-law just died of a massive heart attack. He was 56.

So heart problems aren't just for old guys. Go get yer ticker checked!

Bann

PREMO Member
Of course I would encourage him to go and get checked out....maybe all he needed was the doctor to tweak his meds.

Well, he waited too long.

For anyone reading this - please get your regular check ups, and PLEASE, pay attention to what your body may be telling you. If something doesn't feel right, then things probably aren't right.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What the hell kind of guy has a cute nurse and doesn't even ask for a sponge bath???

Anyway, Monello is home now - sprung him last night. He has the all clear to travel, so Thursday we will be making our way down to Corpus Christi.

How cliche to keel over with chest pains on Thanksgiving.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Well I survived my heart catheterization. Best part is they didn't find any blockage. So I didn't need any stents. Honestly I figured they put one in. So it's good news. It still won't hurt me(us) to be a bit more active and eat better.

Mentally I made the procedure more than what it was. I'd rather do a heart cath than say a dental cleaning. The entire thing was less than 15 minutes. All the equipment in the room is state of the art stuff. While it's never good to get sick, today they have amazing techniques for getting you diagnosed and fixed up.

Again if you feel lousy, get yourself checked out. The peace of mind is preferred than the constant worry that something could be wrong.

Now take a few down days then we roll off to our next adventure.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Well I survived my heart catheterization. Best part is they didn't find any blockage. So I didn't need any stents. Honestly I figured they put one in. So it's good news. It still won't hurt me(us) to be a bit more active and eat better.

Mentally I made the procedure more than what it was. I'd rather do a heart cath than say a dental cleaning. The entire thing was less than 15 minutes. All the equipment in the room is state of the art stuff. While it's never good to get sick, today they have amazing techniques for getting you diagnosed and fixed up.

Again if you feel lousy, get yourself checked out. The peace of mind is preferred than the constant worry that something could be wrong.

:yay:

Bann

PREMO Member

:yahoo:

Glad you're doin' okay! :cartwheel

frequentflier

happy to be living

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Back in Bastrop for a week! :yahoo:

Guess what our first stop was?

Today I need to get downtown to Cripple Creek and pick up some of that coffee I love, and then maybe get a drink at Neighbor's. Coming to Bastrop is like coming back to St. Mary's: it feels like home and I'm excited to see all my old haunts.

It's a gorgeous day - low 70s and sunny - which is a welcome change from the week of rain and gray we had in Cleburne. The RV repair guy is here looking at the awning and doing a few things, but the second he's done we're outta here to go give Bastrop a big hug hello.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Monello got up early, so went went to another Bastrop favorite for breakfast tacos.

California transplants like to come to Texas and sit around at brunch arguing about who makes the best breakfast tacos (like they know what the hell they're even talking about). Fittie's is right up there.

A Texas breakfast taco is more what the rest of the world calls a rolled burrito. A flour tortilla, lightly grilled, then filled with eggs and whatever else you want, and rolled up. Mine gets brisket and serrano peppers; Monello's gets bacon, onions, and cheese. Fittie's has good BBQ as well, but honestly you can't swing a cat in Texas without hitting good BBQ - it's a given the BBQ will be excellent because the competition is fierce.

I told the owner, "I've been waiting a year to get back here to this breakfast taco," and he replied, "Well you're home now!"

:love: