Greetings from Panama City Beach! (again)

PJay

The only good thing about living on wheels, you can move if you hate your neighbors.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Well, I love it and I LOVE it for you guys! I loved the Park Model I stayed in when I was there and the resort is a lovely one. I loved all of my visitations with you in your different locations - but PCB was probably the best and most beautiful - as I'm partial to warmer weather.

Now that you will be living there, AND one of my Ohio cousins has retired there - I can't wait to visit again! :yahoo:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nice looking place, but for me I don't want to be that close to neighbors.
Okay, I see (I think). I like having neighbors. I like walking the dog and saying hi to other dog walkers, stopping to chat. Being in a close community feels safe to me and it feels safe when they know my patterns. I feel like if some bad guy comes around they'll be like, "Hey! What are you doing??" I'm not the one who wants to live in the sticks with no one around - I'd have too much anxiety. I like to admire friends' acreages and big houses and then go home. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The only good thing about living on wheels, you can move if you hate your neighbors.

We've only had a couple of times when we couldn't wait for our neighbors to hit the road. That weird guy in Pensacola.... :twitch: :lol: And even he was only a minor annoyance. RV people are typically pretty cool.

We've met one set of next-doors and they seem nice. I've talked to an around the corner neighbor a few times because our dogs like each other - more specifically her dog loves Apollo and Apollo tolerates him (he's a puppy - a large happy puppy :lol: ). I typically have good luck with neighbors so I don't think that will be a problem. This is a pretty swanky joint so even if we get wild spring breakers going crazy in one of the rentals they'll only be there one night before they get tossed out.

Last edited:

Louise

Thanks for leaving us in MD which used to be called The Free State. You now reside in a true free state; thanks to DeSantis. Lucky y‘all. I will miss y’alls’ travel threads. Glad it all worked out. Apollo will now be able to mark his own territory. Go, Apollo!

PJay

Update please.

Ok, so what have you done to make it your own? Walls painted yet? New furniture? Decor? Etc.

I know how good I felt having a tub again, fridge, washer, dryer, stove, oven, bed can walk around..I could keep going....

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Update please.

Ok, so what have you done to make it your own? Walls painted yet? New furniture? Decor? Etc.

I know how good I felt having a tub again, fridge, washer, dryer, stove, oven, bed can walk around..I could keep going....
4 new pillows for the couch today. Baby steps. It came furnished. Most to the bedroom furniture is built into the home. The same with the desk area. All built in storage and drawers.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
4 new pillows for the couch today. Baby steps. It came furnished. Most to the bedroom furniture is built into the home. The same with the desk area. All built in storage and drawers.
So, kind of like a motorhome, but without the ability to move if your neighbors turn out to be psycho axe murderers, or worse yet, rabid liberal sheep. :yay:

Just kidding. Congratulations on finding a place to call home that you can both agree on.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Update please.

I got new throw pillows for the couches and an area rug that should be here in a few days. It was already pretty nice and the decor fits the beachy vibe, so there's not a lot that needed to change. I put down a deck rug and mats for the front door and kitchen - just little things.

It does feel good having a house again. I was so used to living in the motorhome I'd forgotten what it was like to have room to move around.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Diego's Burrito Factory was a fun place to go. They moved since I was last there, but friends have gone and say the food and drinks are still great.

15514 Front Beach Rd
Panama City Beach, FL 32413
"We'll roll you a fat one"! I see their billboard every time I drive down Thomas Drive. But I have yet to darken their doorway.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Congratulations you two, your new home looks super nice!

I lived in a trailer home for 10 years in a very nice trailer park. Mine had a fireplace and a sunken tub and I was very happy there.

If I could give you one word of advice, it would be to acquaint yourself with a local repairman and/or a hardware store that specializes in manufactured home needs because almost nothing is the same as a tradition house. From water fixtures, plumbing, doors, and windows, everything was different in some way.

P.S. Find out where your water heater is. Mine was in the bedroom closet!:roflmao: