Greetings from Rapid City, SD!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
View attachment 114593

Needles is filled with enormous scary rock formations that look like monsters, and hairpin turns that are quite exciting. Then there are the one lane tunnels that are an event by themselves.

I used to go on something similar back when I lived in Colorado Springs ...
.... I would go south out of town, on 115, pick up 50 to Canyon City
.... turn off on this dirt road [now I see is Phantom Canyon Rd] through some guys ranch in off into the hills

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.502...A3SDxs7P76oICylwBg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

I don't remember the road being quite so paved .... it was a lot less improved in 1985
... but basically it was a 3-5 hour journey on gravel roads where there at one time had been a Railroad or an attempt to build a Railroad a couple of tunnels through hills and a very old Iron Bridge .... and I would come into the back side of Victor and drive out through Cripple Creek ... out to Route 24, and back to Colorado Springs

all in a 1983 Chevy Chevette Rental Car

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Good grief! We decided to do Custer State Park today and see some bison.

We drove, and drove, and drove. Even went off the loop for several miles. No bison. We saw prairie dog towns, antelope, pronghorns, wild (actually quite tame) burros....no bison.

Stopped for lunch at this little lodge, then figured - eh - let's give it another shot. Drove and drove. And drove some more.

Finally - YAY! - there they were!

DSCN1786.JPG

DSCN1801.JPG