Greta Throws a Tantrum

SkylarkTempest

I think it's important to note that little Miss Greta is using various items to convey her message.

1. Let's start with the microphone: It's made primary of metal (mostly steel and iron). Metal doesn't come out of the ground in those shapes. They have to be melted and formed. Steel melts at 2600°F. Iron melts at 2800°F. What can get hot enough to melt steel and iron? Natural gas, liquified petroleum gas (LPG), acetylene, coke oven gas, blast furnace gas... all fossil fuels. I challenge Greta to come up with a technology generated by wind or solar that will melt steel or iron.

2. Sound system. See point 1.

2. Paper. You always see her holding paper. Firsts you have to cut the trees down to make the paper. That requires saws, typically run by some form of gasoline. Then you have the machine/cranes that lift the trees onto transport trucks or trains. Trucks and trains use fossil fuels to run. Then the trees have to be processed. The entire process uses massive machine run by fossil fuels.

3. The boat. Allegedly she carts around the world on a sailboat :rolleyes: That sailboat has steel parts. See point 1. I assume when she is traveling by land, she is using some sort of car that is probably battery powered. BUT... those vehicle are made of steel of other metals. See point 1.

4. Furniture. I'm pretty sure all of the furniture is handmade by slaves that use only wood products (killing more trees) and hand carved into a chair/desk shape. Or not. I'm think more like the furniture is made in a factory where tons of fossil fuels are used.

Now, how will this highly astute and intelligent 17 year old lady promote her message if all of these things can no longer be manufactured? If she gets her way, I am concerned we will miss future lectures and wisdom promoted by Miss Greta.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technol...wered-furnace-can-reach-3-000-degrees/360423/

It's called sustainable energy. It's been a thing for quite a long time. If you want to know more, contact Greta. I'm confident she already knows about it and could address your points better than I can.

SamSpade

This has been my take too. Stop using fossil fuels now. Ok. world comes to a grinding halt ......

Except for China, who totally lied about not using them.
We're all in the Industrial Age, "saving" the planet - they're in the 21st century, kicking everyone's ass.

You know, it's easy to live in a country with the population of 10 million and most of the people live in an area the size of West Virginia - and make broad claims about how a nation ought to be run. You're a tiny country. The world is largely ignoring you. If your entire country decided to go dark and live like the Amish, there won't be any tanks or missiles headed at you. You're invisible.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
https://www.theatlantic.com/technol...wered-furnace-can-reach-3-000-degrees/360423/

It's called sustainable energy. It's been a thing for quite a long time. If you want to know more, contact Greta. I'm confident she already knows about it and could address your points better than I can.
Palumbo imagines building solar reactors in the sun-drenched desert Southwest of the U.S. to make the catalyst, which would then be shipped to cities to produce hydrogen. The spent catalyst then would be transported back to the desert to be reused

Another thing we can't do in the US, use empty desert space.

CPUSA

Did you even bother to read this article?
There isn't a solar powered furnace doing anything you say it's doing.
It's still in the theory & testing stage...
You're STILL so full of chit..

PsyOps

Pixelated

As it's been pointed out, this is in the development/theory stages. It seems every time someone comes up with a new idea for alternative fuels, it fails. Look at Solyndra.

I am not against any sort of alternative power/fuel technology. But, at this point in our history, it's too expensive and still not even near reliable. I'd love to own a Tesla, but I can't afford it. I did own a hybrid. It was great for about 5 years. I averaged around 40-45 mpg. Then the batteries started dying on me. It would cost me around $5,000 to replace then. I didn't save that much in gasoline over the 5 years.

These calls to be completely off of fossil fuels by 2030 (or whatever year they're saying we're all going to die if we don't) is not only irresponsible, it's laughable. Nearly everything you use was made or delivered to you using fossil fuels. At this point, there is just no reasonable way around that.

Reactions: BOP

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Who writes her speeches? They seem to articulate for a foreign 16 y/o.
She's nothing but a paid actress.. they did their research, and figured who EXACTLY needed to be the face for their movement. Female, Young, some type of disability..

Dad sold her to the Climate Activists, and him and the activists she's paid to represent write all of her posts, all of her speeches..

SO, it's not us, nor the environment that stole her childhood, but her very own parents.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Can you guarantee to me that oil and petroleum ISN'T renewable?? I'm thinking if it wasn't, we would have ran out a long time ago. I mean, how many dinosaurs do you really think there were??

itsbob

I bowl overhand
with today's intersectionality, I would have expected some POC ..... maybe an African Migrant, not some privileged white European
Well, what they won't admit is their racism.. TO them it HAD to be a white girl, blonde hair.. etc.. etc..

CPUSA

Can you guarantee to me that oil and petroleum ISN'T renewable?? I'm thinking if it wasn't, we would have ran out a long time ago. I mean, how many dinosaurs do you really think there were??
If you've never been, go visit Drake's Well in Pa.
First oil well. Built back in 1854.
STILL pumping oil today

itsbob

I bowl overhand
If you've never been, go visit Drake's Well in Pa.
First oil well. Built back in 1854.
STILL pumping oil today
Been several times.. lived in Oil City for about 6 years, where people had oil well in their back yards, and the oil trucks made the rounds every few days like the milk trucks do in dairy country.

Just took the young'un up there last summer to do the bike trails, and visit the state parks.. BEATIFUL, totally empty state parks.

Used to take my G-Jet 4 Wheeling on the Oil Roads behind the Drake Well state park..

glhs837

Power with Control
with today's intersectionality, I would have expected some POC ..... maybe an African Migrant, not some privileged white European

Actually saw an article in the last two weeks that exclaimed that the best new leaders for climate change were young POC, as the parties most affected by it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member