Greta Thunberg: politicians should be put “against the wall.”

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Greta Thunberg apologizes for 'against the wall' remark, plans a break from climate activism

Greta Thunberg, the 16-year-old Swedish climate activist, apologized Saturday after telling a crowd of young supporters a day earlier -- while speaking in English -- that politicians should be put “against the wall.”

Critics alleged that the remark, delivered in Turin, Italy, meant she was advocating for violence against world leaders who dodge their responsibilities to fight climate change.

“We have to make sure that they cannot do that,” Thunberg told the crowd. “We will make sure they, that we put them against the wall, and that they will have to do their job and to protect our futures.”

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I don't think anyone in the not-so-distant past would have made anything more of this than a simple, "That was an unfortunate choice of words." And, boy oh boy, was it. But we are now in the age of instant outrage.

Not thrilled with the instant outrage, but we've been told for years that the world runs by "Their Rules" now. So like the good sports and citizens we are, we've agreed to play by them as well.

I agree there's a language issue, but it's also a dodge. Of course you're holding folks accountable when you put them up against a wall...; a firing squad is the ultimate form of accountability! She's claims a language issue, but it's really her not understanding where the idiom in Swedish comes from. It's like these young kids wearing Che t-shirts and claiming it's cool art instead of understanding the origin (i.e., evil) of the "cool art."

Young Greta is being used and, as a result, getting quite a bit of abuse and legitimate criticism. Glad to read someone has come to their senses and ordered a break. For her sake, I hope it's a long one.

--- End of line (MCP)

SamSpade

Young Greta is being used and, as a result, getting quite a bit of abuse and legitimate criticism.

She's had her moment of glory.
Like many such persons - she doesn't know she's got just one trick, and it's been played.
Remember Cindy Sheehan?

These folks get used, put out there, and they get this idea that they're some kind of world or national influence -
but they're a prop, and have NO power that isn't infused into them by others.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
..... but we've been told for years that the world runs by "Their Rules" now. So like the good sports and citizens we are, we've agreed to play by them as well.

That statement drips with sarcasm ... 🤣

I'd agree wholeheartedly ........ GOP Leadership claims to want to take the high road

I'd prefer to see Schiff and Company dragged before the Senate Investigation to answer who knew what and when etal the Whistle Blower Communicating with Schiff before the filing of the report

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
These folks get used, put out there, and they get this idea that they're some kind of world or national influence - but they're a prop, and have NO power that isn't infused into them by others.

and a teenager makes a convenient ' child shield ' above reproach

Look at Sapidus - Question what Greta or Davey have to say - YOU ARE PICKING ON A CHILD

SamSpade

Look at Sapidus - Question what Greta or Davey have to say - YOU ARE PICKING ON A CHILD

Ann Coulter made similar observations years ago, regarding the Jersey widows and Cindy - if you question them or in any way criticize them - you're attacking a victim, a grieving mother, a widow and so forth. Use someone who is a VICTIM, and you've struck gold - but Sheehan is a picture perfect proof of when they were done with her - she was gone. She made the mistake of attacking PELOSI, and suddenly her victim status was removed.

transporter

It is amazing that you don't understand that point that is being made.

Of course why would you understand the point that is being made. How many posts did YOU make villifying a bunch of 16-17 yr olds who wanted to change the world after watching their classmates get slaughtered in front of them.

And why would anyone expect you to understand why a President of the United States shouldn't engage this kid in the manner he did. YOU certainly don't have any concept of the role the leader of the free world is plays. I mean why would you...given the regime you cower under.

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

WingsOfGold

Of course why would you understand the point that is being made. How many posts did YOU make villifying a bunch of 16-17 yr olds who wanted to change the world after watching their classmates get slaughtered in front of them.

And why would anyone expect you to understand why a President of the United States shouldn't engage this kid in the manner he did. YOU certainly don't have any concept of the role the leader of the free world is plays. I mean why would you...given the regime you cower under.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is your brain sniffing farts.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Ah NO ........ what is amazing is YOU and YOUR Fellow Progressives want to HIDE behind a child like a Human Shield evoking EMOTION because YOUR Arguments cannot stand on the merit of their own FACTS .........

Be Specific ...... what slaughter did little Davy Hogg Witness ?

And why would anyone expect you to understand why a President of the United States shouldn't engage this kid in the manner he did.

See Above about using children as human shields

YOU certainly don't have any concept of the role the leader of the free world is plays. I mean why would you .... given the regime you cower under.

What regime is that sugar tits ...... because as an American Citizen I Cower NO Where ......

so you either intentionally obtuse to attempt to insult me as a ' Russian Bot or In The Pay of Putian ' in an attempt at dismissing anything I say

or you really are on stupid mother fuc king idiot, by hey keep playing your stupid games ... for someone who claims to have such a superior intellect you continually show how clueless you really are

This_person

Is Trump in the room with you right now? Because, he certainly wasn't a part of this thread until you pretzel-twisted your way into bringing him into it.

Hijinx

I know some politicians who I consider traitors and guilty of treason that should be put against the wall and shot, along with a female actress who aided the Viet Cong and now goes to Washington each month to be arrested but never gets to serve a justifiable charge of treason.