Grillin' and Burnin' Time

lucaswebco

OK, warm weather is here. Time to break out the grills and get cooking. I use a wood charcoal called Cowboy Charcoal, which I get from Trader Joe's. This is good stuff. It gives whatever you cook with it and nice flavor. No gas or lighter fluid taste. I use an electric lighter to light it.

Nothing like grilled turkey breast grilled this way with fresh herbs from the garden.

What do ya'll use to grill with?

:cheers:

Toxick

Splat
Clean Efficient and Inexpensive...

PROPANE!

Actually, my grill has finally up and died. I've had it for, like, 10 years. It used to be such an awesome grill, but the flame is way uneven now, and it's just sad to look at.

I'm going to get a new propane grill this week hopefully.

I can't wait to toss me a chicken on it.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I wanna get me one of these!

fireandice_lg.jpg

Features
• Gas grill with 310-sq-in. cooking area
• Built-in 10-plus gallon insulated cooler
• Compact design and detachable top for easy transport
• Grilling height adjusts from 18-32"
• Integrated level indicator, bottle opener and cup holders

crabcake

Re: Re: I wanna get me one of these!

Originally posted by Pete
Does it have cruise control?

it goes as fast as the truck that's haulin' it to the next race. :wink:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Like Sharon said - we grill and use the smoker all year long. But there's something about that first gorgeous day, makes grilling all that more pleasurable. At any given time I'll have meat marinading in a Ziploc bag in the fridge - then I can just drain it and burn it up! Last night I did Berber steaks and they were hella-yummy! :yum:

CMC122

Go Braves!
I use my grill as a smoker and grill.:biggrin: So I use charcoal and/or wood. I think the flavor is alot better this way.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by tatercake
:confused: carpet munching?
Excuse me, Miss - this is NOT the "Tatercake Sexual Fantasy" tread. This is the "Grillin' and Burnin'" tread. Back on topic....

:luvyameanit:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
what the heck are "berber steaks"?
You marinade steaks in garlic, onion, ginger, cinnamon, coriander, cayenne, lemon juice, olive oil and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now. YUM YUM!! If you want the recipe, I'll post it tonight.

Vince

Originally posted by vraiblonde
You marinade steaks in garlic, onion, ginger, cinnamon, coriander, cayenne, lemon juice, olive oil and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now. YUM YUM!! If you want the recipe, I'll post it tonight.
Vrai, post the recipe or PM me with it. Would definitely like to try it.:yum: Along with a few:cheers:

crabcake

Originally posted by cariblue
Please do.

:yeahthat:

and if you like to grill chicken breasts (boneless), rinse 'em, coat them in your favorite bbq sauce, and sprinkle some cinnamon on 'em. when they're almost done, put a strip or two of bacon and some shredded monterrey jack cheese on top till the cheese melts. :yum: :yum: I never would have thought to put cinnamon on chicken, but it's double yum! and probably an atkin's dieter's dream come true. :lol:

Toxick

Splat
Re: I wanna get me one of these!

fireandice_lg.jpg

Ohhhhh Sweet, sweet nectar.

It's like that grill is tearing ass around my back yard - but it's standing still.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Berber Marinade

1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 T chopped fresh ginger
3 T paprika
3 T cayenne pepper
1 T coriander
2 t black pepper
1/2 t cardamom
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t allspice
1/8 t ground cloves
4 t salt
1 T honey
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice

Blend together well and marinade meat for at least 6 hours. I've done it with shrimp, beef and chicken and it's all good. If you don't like spicy, back off the cayenne a bit.