Grillin' and Burnin' Time

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
:frown: Gosh that looks like a lot of work. I think I'll just stick with the Lawry's in a bottle. :ohwell:

But it sounds yummy! :wink:

K

Kain99

Re: Berber Marinade

Originally posted by vraiblonde
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 T chopped fresh ginger
3 T paprika
3 T cayenne pepper
1 T coriander
2 t black pepper
1/2 t cardamom
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t allspice
1/8 t ground cloves
4 t salt
1 T honey
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice

Blend together well and marinade meat for at least 6 hours. I've done it with shrimp, beef and chicken and it's all good. If you don't like spicy, back off the cayenne a bit.
That is right up my alley Vrai! Great recipe! I can almost taste it. Firing up the grill again tomorrow.... Berber steaks it is! :biggrin:

crabcake

Re: Re: Berber Marinade

Originally posted by Kain99
That is right up my alley Vrai! Great recipe! I can almost taste it. Firing up the grill again tomorrow.... Berber steaks it is! :biggrin:

What time should we be there? :cool:

K

Kain99

Re: Re: Re: Berber Marinade

Originally posted by tatercake
What time should we be there? :cool:
Mi Casa is yo' Casa anytime day or night... Rain or snow.... Sun or Storm! :biggrin:

K

Kain99

Party Saturday if you're interested..... It'll be the same 200 nutcases you met at the birthday party last Summer. :biggrin:

crabcake

:yikes: :drama:

lemme tell ya 'bout that lawry's stuff ... we went to a bbq at our friends' place last weekend ... they did shish kebabs marinated in that stuff (some spicy red pepper sauce or something by Lawry's) ... that stuff was THE bomb! :yum: :yum: I've had a few of 'em before and they are really tasty without going overboard.

I hate just buying a bunch of ingredients to try a recipe then ending up with all that stuff in my cabinet that will probably go bad before I use 'em again. :ohwell:

I have a recipe for a Jack Daniels marinade that is abso-fab as well! :yum:

crabcake

Originally posted by Kain99
Party Saturday if you're interested..... It'll be the same 200 nutcases you met at the birthday party last Summer. :biggrin:

Thx, but we'll be out of pocket all weekend. :wink:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
About that Berber marinade recipe? The "t" means teaspoon - the "T" means tablespoon.

Just so there's no confusion. :biggrin:

lucaswebco

I grilled this weekend. Had some nice New York Strip steaks, about 1 1/2 in. thick and 1lb each, with grilled asparages and potatoes. The Strips were tender as can be. The wife and kid were in heaven.

I grilled and entire chicken too. Its great for sandwiches and salads. I didn't have time to use a marinade. So I went with the basics salt, pepper and herbs. The wife stuffed the chickens fat packs under the breast skin. This made for a juicer and tastier chicken.

All in all a good meal.
:dance:

K

Kain99

2 T chopped fresh ginger
3 T paprika
3 T cayenne pepper
1 T coriander
2 t black pepper
1/2 t cardamom
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t allspice
1/8 t ground cloves
4 t salt
1 T honey
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice

Blend together well and marinade meat for at least 6 hours. I've done it with shrimp, beef and chicken and it's all good. If you don't like spicy, back off the cayenne a bit.
Glad this thread was bumped I needed a new idea for dinner! Doing your famous Berbers tonight V... :smile:

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member

2 T chopped fresh ginger
3 T paprika
3 T cayenne pepper
1 T coriander
2 t black pepper
1/2 t cardamom
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t allspice
1/8 t ground cloves
4 t salt
1 T honey
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice

:notworthy
VRAI-- We had this on New York strips tonight. THE BEST EVER! Thanks!!:clap: :clap:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Mrs. Jones
We had this on New York strips tonight. THE BEST EVER! ]
Thanks for the compliment! Here's another one:

1/2 C coarse salt
1/2 C cracked pepper
1/8 C paprika
2 T chili powder
1 T cayenne pepper
1 T garlic powder
1/2 T cumin
1/2 T dried oregano
1/2 T thyme

Mix together. Spray steaks with olive oil, sprinkle on mixture, pat in and spray with olive oil again to seal. Flip the steaks and do the same on the other side. Let 'em sit for at least an hour, then grill.

YUM! This recipe will do 4 or 5 good-sized steaks.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
:yum: thanks! looks like it's going to be steak night again soon!

TrainHer

Trader Joe's

lucaswebco said:
OK, warm weather is here. Time to break out the grills and get cooking. I use a wood charcoal called Cowboy Charcoal, which I get from Trader Joe's. This is good stuff. It gives whatever you cook with it and nice flavor. No gas or lighter fluid taste. I use an electric lighter to light it.

Nothing like grilled turkey breast grilled this way with fresh herbs from the garden.

What do ya'll use to grill with?

:cheers:
I love Trader Joe's they have any and everything ... Tell me what is special about cowboy charcoal... I might have to go buy some, Quess I passed that isle up Do you not put lighter fluid on this charcoal? Do tell more

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
vraiblonde said:
2 T chopped fresh ginger
3 T paprika
3 T cayenne pepper
1 T coriander
2 t black pepper
1/2 t cardamom
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t allspice
1/8 t ground cloves
4 t salt
1 T honey
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice

That sounds yummy, Vrai. Got anything else with garlic? I'm a garlic FREAK! :yum: