Gross food

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think that will be my NY resolution: I will no longer pretend to enjoy food that is disgusting, but considered a delicacy.

Escargot, I'm talking to you.

You too, oysters.

Oh, and calimari? ... ... I guess you're okay, since you're battered and deep fried. But no more spiders, I'll just eat the rubber bands.

But caviar, you are definitely out of here.

I've already made my stand against organ "meat" and other garbage that's supposed to be in dog food and not for human consumption. Now it's time to take my food snobbery to the next level.

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
How about:

Haggis
Hot Dogs
Chicken nuggets
margarine
non dairy creamer
pixie stix
circus peanuts
tofu - or anything tofuey for that matter
vegetable yogurt
cold cuts
American cheese
Velveeta
horse
sea urchins
bottled salad dressing
dried potatoes in a box
anything no or low fat
basa
swai
pangasius
tilapia
farmed seafood
genetic modified foods
nori
agave
acai

???

MMM_donuts

Organ meat is often very nutritious, offering vitamins and minerals in addition to protein. The muscle meat is the generally among the least nutritious areas of the animal you can consume.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
J
How about:

Haggis
Hot Dogs
Chicken nuggets
margarine
non dairy creamer
pixie stix
circus peanuts
vegetable yogurt
cold cuts
American cheese
Velveeta
horse
sea urchins
bottled salad dressing
dried potatoes in a box
anything no or low fat
basa
swai
pangasius
tilapia
farmed seafood
genetic modified foods
nori
agave
acai

???

No Bologna or velveeta? What have you got left for a sandwich? Just miracle whip and wonder bread.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I've never tried scrapple and I never will. Seeing it made was enough for me.

Although I've been seeing those packs of Taylor pork roll in grocery stores forever and have never had the desire to give it a shot. I mean...pork roll :twitch: Ew. But Monello made some awhile back for breakfast and it was quite delicious.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Gross is subjective.

I love escargot. Oysters are hit and miss. I have to be in the mood. I never liked calamari until I had it made well. I love haggis, and usually scarf up some of the extra. I love a good caviar, but you can be put off it by eating some crappy stuff.
I also love boiled peanuts, which gross some people out. Or fried okra, or any number of southern foods. My favorite fish is catfish.

Gross, to me, is stuff like

Hot Dogs
Chicken nuggets
fast food burger patties
margarine
Velveeta
anything no or low fat
gamey meats (but I'd take the plunge if I were hungry enough)
chicken feet, pigs feet, that brainy looking stuff, tongue...again, if I were starving, I'd probably eat a lot of things that I find gross, but I'm not starving.

I don't know what circus peanuts are.

RPMDAD

Circus Peanuts from Wikipedia.
Circus Peanuts are peanut-shaped marshmallow candy. They date to the 19th century, when they were one of a large variety of unwrapped "penny candy" sold in such retail outlets as five-and-dime stores.

circus.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I've never tried scrapple and I never will. Seeing it made was enough for me.

well that's the problem, you saw it made ....

Laws, like sausages, cease to inspire respect in proportion as we know how they are made.
John Godfrey Saxe University Chronicle. University of Michigan (27 March 1869)