Gross Incompetence? Train Slams into Police Car With Handcuffed Woman Inside

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A 20-year-old woman, Yareni Rios-Gonzalez, was arrested and detained near Platteville, Colorado, in Weld County. She was the suspect in a road rage incident in Fort Lupton. Police placed her in handcuffs and put her in the patrol vehicle—standard operating procedure. Did any of the police officers think placing her in the cop car parked on the railway tracks was a good idea? As law enforcement searched Ms. Rio-Gonzalez's pickup truck, an ominous horn could be heard blaring before impact.

How about moving the vehicle to a safer location away from the crossing? The impact was captured on bodycam footage, and it's a miracle that Ms. Rios-Gonzalez survived. The routine traffic stop that ended in a railway fiasco occurred on September 16 around 7:30 PM. Local outlets reported the incident occurred north of Platteville, near U.S. 85 and Weld County Rd. 38. Rios-Gonzalez was placed under arrest for felony menacing involving a firearm.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She was the suspect in a road rage incident

Rios-Gonzalez was placed under arrest for felony menacing involving a firearm.

Yes, what a blessing and a miracle that she survived....the world is certainly a better place with her in it.

Why must we "forcefully call out" our police when they **** up, but criminals and predators are a "miracle"? When this woman gets rich from her lawsuit, can her victim sue her and get paid too?

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Saw this on the news yesterday. At least with the car destroyed they won’t have to clean up the #### off the backseat.

SamSpade

I can NEVER think of a good reason to leave any sort of vehicle on railroad tracks. Normally I would think having the foresight to stop a possible catastrophe is normal human thinking - like when my son positions his drink right in the path of his hand.

A railroad crossing is totally different. Why not just have it teeter on the edge of a cliff, for an encore?

Clem72

Gurps said:
Rios-Gonzalez was placed under arrest for felony menacing involving a firearm.

Yes, what a blessing and a miracle that she survived....the world is certainly a better place with her in it.

Why must we "forcefully call out" our police when they **** up, but criminals and predators are a "miracle"? When this woman gets rich from her lawsuit, can her victim sue her and get paid too?

To be clear, she was not arrested for felony menacing, she was only being detained while they searched her car. Same as any time they pull someone over that "matches the description" for a crime but they have no idea if they actually did it.
placing her in the back of the Platteville patrol car detained on suspicion of felony menacing,"

And they later dropped all charges because they found no evidence to support that charge, and you can be absolutely sure that with the optics of this accident they would have charged her with as much as possible to make this at least somewhat "her fault".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
To be clear, she was not arrested for felony menacing,

It said right in the story that she was arrested for felony menacing involving a firearm. I even quoted it in my post.

And I won't bother to read the rest of whatever you said, because clearly you didn't read the story NOR did you read the post you were responding to.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can NEVER think of a good reason to leave any sort of vehicle on railroad tracks. Normally I would think having the foresight to stop a possible catastrophe is normal human thinking - like when my son positions his drink right in the path of his hand.

A railroad crossing is totally different. Why not just have it teeter on the edge of a cliff, for an encore?

I think we can all agree that the cop was in the wrong. It's unlikely anyone will defend him parking the car on freaking railroad tracks.

But that doesn't mean she's an innocent cherub. There can be two bad guys and no good guys in a situation. The cop will be punished accordingly, while the woman who was road raging with a gun will get a big ass settlement. The good news is that she'll likely end up a chalk outline when she either ODs or is beaten to death by her boyfriend.

Clem72

It said right in the story that she was arrested for felony menacing involving a firearm. I even quoted it in my post.

And I won't bother to read the rest of whatever you said, because clearly you didn't read the story NOR did you read the post you were responding to.
Jesus woman, my quote was like two paragraphs below yours.

The article did say arrested, and then immediately afterwards says she was "being detained for suspicion of", so that is not being arrested.

So which are you going to admit to, not reading the article you quoted, not understanding it, or not giving a shet?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Jesus woman, my quote was like two paragraphs below yours.

The article did say arrested, and then immediately afterwards says she was "being detained for suspicion of", so that is not being arrested.

So which are you going to admit to, not reading the article you quoted, not understanding it, or not giving a shet?

Dude, YOU ****ing quoted it in YOUR post.

clempost.jpg

Now be a good boy and go to hell. :buttkick:

DaSDGuy

I think we can all agree that the cop was in the wrong. It's unlikely anyone will defend him parking the car on freaking railroad tracks.

But that doesn't mean she's an innocent cherub. There can be two bad guys and no good guys in a situation. The cop will be punished accordingly, while the woman who was road raging with a gun will get a big ass settlement. The good news is that she'll likely end up a chalk outline when she either ODs or is beaten to death by her boyfriend.
Was he wrong? He pulls over a car suspected of felony menacing with a firearm. He pulls in behind the suspect vehicle as per training and to maintain a safe position should the suspect exit the vehicle firing a weapon. The location for where he stopped is in the article. After placing the suspect in the patrol vehicle the suspect vehicle must now be investigated to ensure no further threats remain in the suspect vehicle, such as another suspect. While doing that the train hit the patrol vehicle. All of that is in the complete article.
The patrol vehicle was placed directly behind the suspect vehicle as per training. No gross incompetence as the OP implied.

CPUSA

"A 20-year-old woman, Yareni Rios-Gonzalez, was arrested and detained near Platteville, Colorado, in Weld County. She was the suspect in a road rage incident in Fort Lupton."

For you, Clem...from the article....where it CLEARLY states, ARRESTED.
Now, I'm not quite sure what news article you got YOUR quote from, since you failed at disclosing that tidbit of information...but since you insist ARRESTED doesn't really mean ARRESTED...what specifically should we call...HER ARREST?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Now, I'm not quite sure what news article you got YOUR quote from,

I'm NOT Clem ... his quote as he said was the next paragraph;

"The driver of the vehicle pulled to a stop just past the railroad tracks, with the patrol officer behind the car on the tracks. Two Ft. Lupton officers arrived on the scene, and the team conducted a high-risk traffic stop and detained a lone female occupant (age 20, Greeley), placing her in the back of the Platteville patrol car detained on suspicion of felony menacing," Colorado Bureau of Investigation said in a statement: "While the officers cleared the suspect vehicle as part of the investigation, a train traveling northbound struck the PPD patrol car."

“The driver of the vehicle pulled to a stop just past the railroad tracks, with the patrol officer behind the car on the tracks,” said the Colorado Bureau of Investigation last week. The agency is investigating the train crash. “Two Ft. Lupton officers arrived on the scene and the team conducted a high-risk traffic stop and detained a lone female occupant (age 20, Greeley) placing her in the back of the Platteville patrol car detained on suspicion of felony menacing. While the officers cleared the suspect vehicle as part of the investigation, a train traveling northbound struck the PPD patrol car.”

The Statement released by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation says she WAS DETAINED nothing about arrested.

No Mention of Arrest

Video shows train slam into Platteville police vehicle with woman inside

On Friday night, a Platteville police officer stopped Rios-Gonzalez after Fort Lupton police received a report about a road rage incident involving a gun. Rios-Gonzalez pulled over just past the railroad tracks on Weld 38, and the Platteville police officer stopped behind her car, with this patrol vehicle on the tracks.

The eight minutes of edited police footage released Friday shows two Fort Lupton officers arriving to provide backup to the Platteville police officer. They coax Rios-Gonzalez from her pickup truck, handcuff her and put her in the back of the Platteville patrol vehicle, which remained on the train tracks.

The footage, which includes body camera video and a patrol vehicle’s dashcam video, was obtained by The Denver Post through an open records request.

The Platteville officer and one Fort Lupton officer then searched the pickup truck for other people. Once they finished, the Platteville officer and a second Fort Lupton officer began searching for weapons. The other Fort Lupton officer, who can be seen in the video holding a rifle, returned to the area near the patrol car where Rios-Gonzalez was in custody.

As the officers searching the truck discussed whether or not Rios-Gonzalez might have tossed a gun out a window before she pulled over, a train’s horn can be heard in the distance. But it took the two officers at least 15 seconds to notice it, the video footage shows.

Clem72

I'm NOT Clem ... his quote as he said was the next paragraph;

"The driver of the vehicle pulled to a stop just past the railroad tracks, with the patrol officer behind the car on the tracks. Two Ft. Lupton officers arrived on the scene, and the team conducted a high-risk traffic stop and detained a lone female occupant (age 20, Greeley), placing her in the back of the Platteville patrol car detained on suspicion of felony menacing," Colorado Bureau of Investigation said in a statement: "While the officers cleared the suspect vehicle as part of the investigation, a train traveling northbound struck the PPD patrol car."

“The driver of the vehicle pulled to a stop just past the railroad tracks, with the patrol officer behind the car on the tracks,” said the Colorado Bureau of Investigation last week. The agency is investigating the train crash. “Two Ft. Lupton officers arrived on the scene and the team conducted a high-risk traffic stop and detained a lone female occupant (age 20, Greeley) placing her in the back of the Platteville patrol car detained on suspicion of felony menacing. While the officers cleared the suspect vehicle as part of the investigation, a train traveling northbound struck the PPD patrol car.”

The Statement released by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation says she WAS DETAINED nothing about arrested.

No Mention of Arrest

Video shows train slam into Platteville police vehicle with woman inside

On Friday night, a Platteville police officer stopped Rios-Gonzalez after Fort Lupton police received a report about a road rage incident involving a gun. Rios-Gonzalez pulled over just past the railroad tracks on Weld 38, and the Platteville police officer stopped behind her car, with this patrol vehicle on the tracks.

The eight minutes of edited police footage released Friday shows two Fort Lupton officers arriving to provide backup to the Platteville police officer. They coax Rios-Gonzalez from her pickup truck, handcuff her and put her in the back of the Platteville patrol vehicle, which remained on the train tracks.

The footage, which includes body camera video and a patrol vehicle’s dashcam video, was obtained by The Denver Post through an open records request.

The Platteville officer and one Fort Lupton officer then searched the pickup truck for other people. Once they finished, the Platteville officer and a second Fort Lupton officer began searching for weapons. The other Fort Lupton officer, who can be seen in the video holding a rifle, returned to the area near the patrol car where Rios-Gonzalez was in custody.

As the officers searching the truck discussed whether or not Rios-Gonzalez might have tossed a gun out a window before she pulled over, a train’s horn can be heard in the distance. But it took the two officers at least 15 seconds to notice it, the video footage shows.

Ain't no body got time to read the whole article, or even the entirety of my 3 sentence post.

Hijinx

He could of parked 6 feet. Back and been home free.
He should have known from the shiny tracks that they were In use . Parking on a railroad track is stupid. at any time

DaSDGuy

He could of parked 6 feet. Back and been home free.
He should have known from the shiny tracks that they were In use . Parking on a railroad track is stupid. at any time
Right. Dont pay attention to the driver with the gun. Your fellow officers and the general public don't matter. Just watch out for shiny tracks.

Hijinx

Right. Dont pay attention to the driver with the gun. Your fellow officers and the general public don't matter. Just watch out for shiny tracks.
Parking 6 feet back does. not require genious and would not have changed h the threat