Grossed out

Oysterback

I think this thread has my name all over it.

Raw arsters with beet horseradish is the closest thing to Heaven on Earth.

Followed closely by fried, covered in an egg and corn meal mix.
Oyster (excuse me, arster) Rockefeller, baked with butter, garlic and spinach is divine.

My grandmother made an arster stew to kill for.
Take a pint of arsters and liquor (the juice), diced onions and garlic in butter, heat to a point where the lips of the arsters begin to frill (insert sexual connotation here!), add one gallon whole milk and flower to thicken. Heat to just below boiling. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with arster crackers.

Drool......:drool:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I think this thread has my name all over it.

Raw arsters with beet horseradish is the closest thing to Heaven on Earth.

Followed closely by fried, covered in an egg and corn meal mix.
Oyster (excuse me, arster) Rockefeller, baked with butter, garlic and spinach is divine.

My grandmother made an arster stew to kill for.
Take a pint of arsters and liquor (the juice), diced onions and garlic in butter, heat to a point where the lips of the arsters begin to frill (insert sexual connotation here!), add one gallon whole milk and flower to thicken. Heat to just below boiling. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with arster crackers.

Drool......:drool:

Liqueur and ersters..

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Now I have a disturbing mental picture.

WTF????

That is so true. I think about the guy that tried the first oyster, clam or crab; you know it had to be raw. If raw oysters could kill, everyone in New Orleans would have been dead along time ago. Don't forget the Tabasco! :yum:

How bout the guy that looked at a chicken and said "I'm going to eat the next thing that comes out of that chickens a$$"?

belvak

Happy Camper
I think I was 9 the first time I tried oysters...I got violently sick. Tried them 4 more times...getting sick each time...before we realized..I'm allergic to them. :doh:
*Go parents! :sarcasm:

:huggy:

Never liked raw oysters, it was like trying to swallow a big ball of snot.

:barf:

I was probably around 4 or 5 when I tried my first oyster. My father said he would give me a dollar if I ate it. Had to swallow that darn thing about 5 times before it stayed down, but I got my dollar! First and last raw oyster I ever ate. Only scalded, broiled, or fried oysters at our house now. I love fried oysters! :drool: We've also started doing the oysters in the muffin tins with an oyster, some cheese, and bacon, and a little worcestershire sauce (I think that's what Hubby uses) then broiling them. They're pretty good that way too.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
:huggy:

:barf:

I was probably around 4 or 5 when I tried my first oyster. My father said he would give me a dollar if I ate it. Had to swallow that darn thing about 5 times before it stayed down, but I got my dollar! First and last raw oyster I ever ate. Only scalded, broiled, or fried oysters at our house now. I love fried oysters! :drool: We've also started doing the oysters in the muffin tins with an oyster, some cheese, and bacon, and a little worcestershire sauce (I think that's what Hubby uses) then broiling them. They're pretty good that way too.

I have tried oysters a few different ways, never really cared for them.

Dukesdad

The more of you that don't eat them it is better for me!!
Please spread the word that they are nasty and feel like snot when you eat them!
:buddies:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I'm currently reading Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal and just realized that when you shuck an oyster and snarf it down, it's still alive. And, according to Mary Roach, it can stay alive in your stomach for several minutes before succumbing to digestive acids and body temperature.

Now I am completely grossed out and will never eat another oyster as long as I live. Guh. They should make a horror movie about this.

You are so LATE - I KNEW THIS LAST YEAR .... so there! AND I have had more oysters that you also. So my relationship with oysters far exceeds YOURS :razz: . I am even related to the fisherman that discovered oysters too :razz: so there!

:sarcasm: te he

(making light of a recent thread about people one-upping and exaggerating)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You are so LATE - I KNEW THIS LAST YEAR .... so there! AND I have had more oysters that you also. So my relationship with oysters far exceeds YOURS :razz: . I am even related to the fisherman that discovered oysters too :razz: so there!

:sarcasm: te he

(making light of a recent thread about people one-upping and exaggerating)

You are the voice of all undead oysters :yay:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
You are the voice of all undead oysters :yay:

After I learned that fact I saw those poor things in the jars and didn't want to eat them anymore - I hear they stay alive in the jars for some period of time, but how long can they live in there w/o oxygen?

SamSpade

I'm currently reading Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal and just realized that when you shuck an oyster and snarf it down, it's still alive. And, according to Mary Roach, it can stay alive in your stomach for several minutes before succumbing to digestive acids and body temperature.

Now I am completely grossed out and will never eat another oyster as long as I live. Guh. They should make a horror movie about this.

My mom refuses to eat lobsters anymore, after my dad brought home lobsters from Maine once, and one repeatedly fought to get out of the boiling pot.

I don't see the big deal - one way or another, you're killing it, and anything you eat probably has live cells.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
My mom refuses to eat lobsters anymore, after my dad brought home lobsters from Maine once, and one repeatedly fought to get out of the boiling pot.

I don't see the big deal - one way or another, you're killing it, and anything you eat probably has live cells.

Between what you just said and other things I've seen/heard related to eating animals/fish, etc., it's a wonder I'm not a vegetarian by now. If I had to be a hunter/gatherer for my own food? I'd be a vegetarian for sure.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Between what you just said and other things I've seen/heard related to eating animals/fish, etc., it's a wonder I'm not a vegetarian by now. If I had to be a hunter/gatherer for my own food? I'd be a vegetarian for sure.

Produce is covered in fecal matter and other harmful bacteria. You're better off with meat.