Ground game ideas

Wait4It..boom

I am looking for new ideas/games to do with my horse (preferably not under saddle) for the indoor arena to break up the monotony - outside of the usual "follow me over poles and jumps without a lead line." <we already do this>

Does anyone play ground games with their horse(s) (e.g., to increase trust, leadership, and for just plan 'ole fun)? If so, please share them!

She also really enjoys obstacle courses (under saddle). If you've created something fun and unique, I'd be interested in hearing it too.

I am looking for new ideas/games to do with my horse (preferably not under saddle) for the indoor arena to break up the monotony - outside of the usual "follow me over poles and jumps without a lead line." <we already do this>

Does anyone play ground games with their horse(s) (e.g., to increase trust, leadership, and for just plan 'ole fun)? If so, please share them!

She also really enjoys obstacle courses (under saddle). If you've created something fun and unique, I'd be interested in hearing it too.

Oh, I thought this was about recipes.

devinej

eh, teach them to side pass, turn on the haunch, turn on the forehand, back up, lead by the foot, back from pulling on the tail, back from a finger wag. hehe i knew a woman who taught her horse to cross his front legs when she crossed hers. that was funny. teach him to bow. target train him and you can teach him to fetch things.

i never thought this was about recipes......lol

R

remaxrealtor

http://www.naturalhorsetalk.com/horsetoys.html

Anyone used these balls.....looks like they like them!

Wait4It..boom

Cool link! I saw one of these balls (except not as squishy) at a bombproofing clinic a couple of years ago. They had several horses playing soccer (riders onboard!). It was the first time most of the horses had ever seen one and some of the horses REALLY got into it quickly. I forgot about this ball...