Ground Zero for COVID19

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Don't watch this if you are eating or about to eat shortly. It might help you stick to your diet after you lose your appetite. Actually going overseas decades ago, you saw this sort of thing all over the world. Meat & seafood markets with no refrigeration. Flies all over the meat. Wooden butcher blocks with various different bloods on them being used over & over. A few places even had live animals that the vendor would gladly wring a neck or cut a throat of some critter if it meant making a sale. Usually nothing went to waste. You'd see lungs, guts and other unidentifiable innards in plastic bowls waiting for someone to take home and enjoy.

Evidently this video, the first 1 that I linked to in this post, is not China but Indonesia. It's an Asian wet market as they refer to them. Still pretty appalling. You wonder what kind of exotic bio threats exist under those nasty conditions.

Last edited:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I have been to those markets. They are interesting. Live fish, chickens, ducks, geese. Sides of beef and pork and little live critters. Great selection of veggies.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Actually going overseas decades ago, you saw this sort of thing all over the world. Meat & seafood markets with no refrigeration. Flies all over the meat. Wooden butcher blocks with various different bloods on them being used over & over. A few places even had live animals that the vendor would gladly wring a neck or cut a throat of some critter if it meant making a sale. Usually nothing went to waste. You'd see lungs, guts and other unidentifiable innards in plastic bowls waiting for someone to take home and enjoy.

I'll Take ' What is Sanitation for $ 1000' Alex