Grow a Pair! First Victim of the Tattletale Hotline?

TPD

the poor dad
The gestapopo are back in Ridge. Yesterday afternoon a customer stopped in our store to let us know a sheriff's deputy was next door at the DG checking on their mask signage. They didn't come to our place. But this morning the health department gestapopo stopped in our business because Karen called and complained about us, again. We are supposed to be getting a written warning via email in the next day or two. We were told 3 strikes and they close us down. Unfortunately I was not there to ask questions and get clarifications. Stay tuned....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The gestapopo are back in Ridge. Yesterday afternoon a customer stopped in our store to let us know a sheriff's deputy was next door at the DG checking on their mask signage. They didn't come to our place. But this morning the health department gestapopo stopped in our business because Karen called and complained about us, again. We are supposed to be getting a written warning via email in the next day or two. We were told 3 strikes and they close us down. Unfortunately I was not there to ask questions and get clarifications. Stay tuned....

What exactly is this person griping about?

TPD

the poor dad
What exactly is this person griping about?

Not all of my employees are wearing masks or wearing them all the time. We have a piece of plexiglass at the register if you are uncomfortable. We try to maintain our distance if you are wearing a mask and we are not. But it is hard to help someone with a plumbing issue and stand 6 feet apart.

My employees have told me they have a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask. I don't ask questions. Three months ago, we were told to put plexiglass up for those employees you don't wear the face diaper. We were also told by Dr. Brewster herself that face shields don't work in controlling the spread. We put up the plexiglass for one side of the register, wide open on the other side - you have your choice what line to stand in. Today we were told that a face shield should be worn if you can't wear a muzzle. Make up your damn minds people.

Bottom line issue for us is masks - I don't force my employees to wear them - they are adults and can make that decision on their own. Health Department doesn't like me because I'm not a dictator with my employees. Most customers like shopping with us because we don't enforce the mask rule with anyone. We have a lot of older customers that appreciate us not wearing masks so they can hear us and see our lips moving.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I've yet to see a postmaster in the office wearing a mask. Why do they get a pass?

luvmygdaughters

God, this really pisses me off!!! What are customers complaining about? I mean if they dont want to shop at your store, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!! If the gestapo health dept. closes you down, that's what's going to happen. People are idiots!!!!! Sorry this is happening to you.

TPD

the poor dad
Update -

I'm not making this stuff up people - this morning a sheriff's deputy came into the store to serve me an "order to comply" from the health department. Within the next 3 days someone from health department will be coming in to reinspect us for compliance. If we are unwilling or unable to make the modifications listed on the order, we are subject to closure until the state of emergency has been terminated by the governor or until revised by additional orders.

But wait, it gets better! At approximately 3:30 this afternoon, a health department employee came into the store because they received a call from a customer at 1pm that had just been in the store and observed an employee not wearing a mask while waiting on said customer. Apparently this customer left a call back number for the health department to follow up with them on their findings. This health department employee also left a copy of the order that we were served this morning, not knowing we had already received it.

Karen has nothing better to do and I guess the health department does not either. I listened to Dr. Brewster's presentation to the commissioners yesterday - sounds like the health department received over 500 calls on Monday that were covid related. C'mon man! Or I guess I should say C'mon Karen - get a life!

DaSDGuy

Put signs on the front door:
"We are currently having a non-violent anti-mask protest inside this establishment. Entry within makes you a willing participant and you are acknowledging our rightful protest. This includes Health Department representatives and all members of law enforcement".

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
my employer has lost there ever loving mind ... 1st day back from vacation

KN95 Masks are now required while in the office or at a job site ... some subcontractors got Covid Over Thanksgiving everyone is shitting their pants

[ I work IT for a regional construction company ]

glhs837

Power with Control

KN95 Masks are now required while in the office or at a job site ... some subcontractors got Covid Over Thanksgiving everyone is shitting their pants

Well, since nobody in DC is willing to legislate that companies are not legally (monetarily) responsible for any COVID happenings under thier roofs, they are of course running scared. Every grandma that dies within 20 miles will be a multimillion dollar settlement.

TPD

the poor dad

As one delegate stated - one is too many.

The first or second day the mask mandate was issued back in April, my wife witnessed a woman being arrested at the Weis on Great Mills Road because she walked into the store with her mouth and nose covered, but the store employees didn't think it was the proper covering. I think she had pulled her shirt over her face but apparently this wasn't good enough. I hope that woman fought it because the first order for masks just said you had to have your nose and mouth covered, which this woman clearly had.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
As one delegate stated - one is too many.

The first or second day the mask mandate was issued back in April, my wife witnessed a woman being arrested at the Weis on Great Mills Road because she walked into the store with her mouth and nose covered, but the store employees didn't think it was the proper covering. I think she had pulled her shirt over her face but apparently this wasn't good enough. I hope that woman fought it because the first order for masks just said you had to have your nose and mouth covered, which this woman clearly had.
I'd like to see the stats on SMCo. I have also seen people put a shirt over their face. Frankly, I'm not close enough to them to give a rats ass.

TPD

the poor dad
An update on our situation at Ridge Hardware....

Most of you know because you read about it or watched my videos but - I got the order to close my business on December 12th. After meeting with Dr. Brewster on Dec 16th with a proposed solution to my 2 employees with a medical exemption from wearing a face covering, she denied our solution and our reopening. We reopened anyway on or about Dec 18th WITH the changes we proposed to her. On Jan. 9th (a Saturday BTW, which it seems most legal documents have been served to me on a Saturday when attorneys' offices and health dept is closed), a temporary restraining order from Dr. Brewster was served upon us. On Jan. 12th, the judge in the SMC Circuit Court denied that temporary restraining order and set a trial date for Feb 1st and 2nd. That hearing did take place this week on Monday and Tuesday. We have another court date scheduled in 2 weeks to give the attorneys time to try to come up with a compromise solution.

We have been open since Dec 18th and thankfully in part because of my attorney, we are still open for business with our original proposed solutions in place, but AGAINST the will of Dr. Brewster.

We thank all of our customers, neighbors, and new found friends who have been supporting us through all of this! It is not an easy fight but IMO a fight that needs to be fought. And I can't thank my employees enough who have stood behind me for the last 10 months - I know it has been a tough ride for them dealing with all of the health dept inspectors, sheriff's deputies, and especially their crazy boss. But I feel I have treated them all fairly and they have not missed a single paycheck through all of this nor have their hours been cut. They know I stand behind them like they stand behind me.