Grow a Pair! First Victim of the Tattletale Hotline?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
It's behind a paywall, though.
If you have FireFox, you can press F9 or this button to enter Reader View to read the entire article.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
"He is free to protest and complain" about face coverings, Ann Sheridan, a lawyer for the Maryland Attorney General's office, representing the health department, said in opening statements Monday. "He is not free to ignore and violate the law."

Specifically, what law are they talking about?

TPD

the poor dad

I saw the reporter in the court room. Was wondering when the story would come out. I dropped my subscription to the Enterprise awhile ago so won't be reading this story to check for accuracy.

haha yeah a feud! SMDH

TPD

the poor dad
"He is free to protest and complain" about face coverings, Ann Sheridan, a lawyer for the Maryland Attorney General's office, representing the health department, said in opening statements Monday. "He is not free to ignore and violate the law."

Specifically, what law are they talking about?

If they are referring to the executive order, I am not violating it. One side is interpreting it differently than the other. It is an interesting case and I can't say much about it at the moment, but I will speak out when the time is right.

TPD

the poor dad
Ok so I got thru the firewall to read the article. Let me point out one item.

Health officials had filed the suit in early January in order to legally force the store to comply with health orders, specifically, requiring one employee, who claims a medical exemption to wearing masks, to work either away from the public or outside.

I am a small hardware store in Ridge with only 5 employees. My manger, who is claiming the medical exemption, which the health department is not disputing, is now expected to work outside or in the stockroom or office. I think another option is firing the employee, though the plaintiffs did not say that. When I heard this come out of their mouth, I was shocked to think they would even suggest she work outside. I guess they don't understand a manager's duties in a retail environment.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
An update on our situation at Ridge Hardware....

Most of you know because you read about it or watched my videos but - I got the order to close my business on December 12th. After meeting with Dr. Brewster on Dec 16th with a proposed solution to my 2 employees with a medical exemption from wearing a face covering, she denied our solution and our reopening. We reopened anyway on or about Dec 18th WITH the changes we proposed to her. On Jan. 9th (a Saturday BTW, which it seems most legal documents have been served to me on a Saturday when attorneys' offices and health dept is closed), a temporary restraining order from Dr. Brewster was served upon us. On Jan. 12th, the judge in the SMC Circuit Court denied that temporary restraining order and set a trial date for Feb 1st and 2nd. That hearing did take place this week on Monday and Tuesday. We have another court date scheduled in 2 weeks to give the attorneys time to try to come up with a compromise solution.

We have been open since Dec 18th and thankfully in part because of my attorney, we are still open for business with our original proposed solutions in place, but AGAINST the will of Dr. Brewster.

We thank all of our customers, neighbors, and new found friends who have been supporting us through all of this! It is not an easy fight but IMO a fight that needs to be fought. And I can't thank my employees enough who have stood behind me for the last 10 months - I know it has been a tough ride for them dealing with all of the health dept inspectors, sheriff's deputies, and especially their crazy boss. But I feel I have treated them all fairly and they have not missed a single paycheck through all of this nor have their hours been cut. They know I stand behind them like they stand behind me.
@TPD - why did they file a (temporary) restraining order? And how did this wind up in the Circuit Court?

I'm SO SO SO rooting for you! And so is my bff (you met her in December!) :high5:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
@TPD - why did they file a (temporary) restraining order? And how did this wind up in the Circuit Court?

I'm SO SO SO rooting for you! And so is my bff (you met her in December!) :high5:
Brewester filed an injunction upon him - VERIFIED COMPLAINT TO ENFORCE COVID-19 ORDERS THROUGH DECLARATORY AND TEMPORARY, PRELIMINARY, AND PERMANENT INJUNCTIVE RELIEF

It isn't good enough that on his own he has seemingly prevented the expansion of the pandemic through his establishment by the measures he has implemented on his own. He must adhere to the authority of this appointed tyrant and her dictates because, you know, the science.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Brewester filed an injunction upon him - VERIFIED COMPLAINT TO ENFORCE COVID-19 ORDERS THROUGH DECLARATORY AND TEMPORARY, PRELIMINARY, AND PERMANENT INJUNCTIVE RELIEF

It isn't good enough that on his own he has seemingly prevented the expansion of the pandemic through his establishment by the measures he has implemented on his own. He must adhere to the authority of this appointed tyrant and her dictates because, you know, the science.
Thank you. Bff used to work for a law firm and was asking that specific question. (I guess we could have looked that up, but we were at work, also.) :lol:

Dakota

~~~~~~~

I am a small hardware store in Ridge with only 5 employees. My manger, who is claiming the medical exemption, which the health department is not disputing, is now expected to work outside or in the stockroom or office. I think another option is firing the employee, though the plaintiffs did not say that. When I heard this come out of their mouth, I was shocked to think they would even suggest she work outside. I guess they don't understand a manager's duties in a retail environment.

WOW - I am so sorry you are having to go through this...

shaking my head... no contract tracking linked to you, a very small business who only employs so few...

I just cannot believe the Health Department can get 3 anonymous calls and axe you like that.... anonymous means anybody, no name, no proof. So did I read they had complaints with no names?

Louise

i have told you this before. Thanks for fighting the good fight. God bless you, and I hope you fare well through it all. And, in case, some here don’t know you are a farmer, as well. Thank you for your hard work and food production. Bill Gates better not try to take your farmland, or he’ll have another thing comin’. You are the pure example of a hardworking American, and patriot. It is disgusting our gov has come after you.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Breswster is the stereotypical petty beauracrat that goes off the rails when suddenly granted some "real powah" and then encountered any push back. Her type reside everywhere, always ready to become little despots when the opportunity arises.
The philosophy of "live and let live" is gone.

TPD

the poor dad
Just posted this video - I know it happened in January but I've been limited in what I can say and post. GoFundMe is in place to help with my legal expenses if interested. We have come to a compromise solution with the health dept. I will be posting more videos this week. Thx everyone for your words of encouragement!