Grow a Pair! First Victim of the Tattletale Hotline?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That business was on the list - one of the 7 that received an order to comply but Not ordered to close as of Sept 9th.

Of the 7 businesses ordered to comply, 2 were bars/lounges, 2 were bars/restaurants, 1 hair salon, 1 racetrack, and 1 hardware store. Four of these businesses were in Mechicsville, 2 were in Leonardtown, and 1 was in Ridge.

The other report I received from the SMCHD was a list of businesses they visited to do outreach and education concerning the kungflu. This list included 350+ businesses. I would like to know what were all these inspectors and educators doing before the Chinese screwed us over?
I wonder if one was the Mexican restaurant on the Square. It was bad to begin with.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That business was on the list - one of the 7 that received an order to comply but Not ordered to close as of Sept 9th.

Of the 7 businesses ordered to comply, 2 were bars/lounges, 2 were bars/restaurants, 1 hair salon, 1 racetrack, and 1 hardware store. Four of these businesses were in Mechicsville, 2 were in Leonardtown, and 1 was in Ridge.

The other report I received from the SMCHD was a list of businesses they visited to do outreach and education concerning the kungflu. This list included 350+ businesses. I would like to know what were all these inspectors and educators doing before the Chinese screwed us over?
Welp, a letter has gone out from the HD and media naming her business and she is being also being blasted on social media.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Stats Hold a Surprise: Lockdowns May Have Had Little Effect on COVID-19 Spread

In 1932, Supreme Court justice Louis Brandeis famously called the states “laboratories of democracy.” Different states can test out different policies, and they can learn from each other. That proved true in 2020. Governors in different states responded to the COVID-19 pandemic at different times and in different ways. Some states, such as California, ordered sweeping shutdowns. Others, such as Florida, took a more targeted approach. Still others, such as South Dakota, dispensed information but had no lockdowns at all.

[clip]

If lockdowns really altered the course of this pandemic, then coronavirus case counts should have clearly dropped whenever and wherever lockdowns took place. The effect should have been obvious, though with a time lag. It takes time for new coronavirus infections to be officially counted, so we would expect the numbers to plummet as soon as the waiting time was over.

How long? New infections should drop on day one and be noticed about ten or eleven days from the beginning of the lockdown. By day six, the number of people with first symptoms of infection should plummet (six days is the average time for symptoms to appear). By day nine or ten, far fewer people would be heading to doctors with worsening symptoms. If COVID-19 tests were performed right away, we would expect the positives to drop clearly on day ten or eleven (assuming quick turnarounds on tests).

To judge from the evidence, the answer is clear: Mandated lockdowns had little effect on the spread of the coronavirus. The charts below show the daily case curves for the United States as a whole and for thirteen U.S. states. As in almost every country, we consistently see a steep climb as the virus spreads, followed by a transition (marked by the gray circles) to a flatter curve. At some point, the curves always slope downward, though this wasn’t obvious for all states until the summer.

The lockdowns can’t be the cause of these transitions. In the first place, the transition happened even in places without lockdown orders (see Iowa and Arkansas). And where there were lockdowns, the transitions tended to occur well before the lockdowns could have had any serious effect. The only possible exceptions are California, which on March 19 became the first state to officially lock down, and Connecticut, which followed four days later.

TPD

the poor dad
Update - We got a visit from the SMCHD today after 2 months of being left alone (and doing nothing differently than before). But we think we know why - some guy was in the store last week taking pictures of customers, employees and signs. My guess is that guy then called and complained so they followed up. I did not go down to meet the health department officials (2) - my employees handled it well. Apparently they (HD) were nice about the ordeal telling us we had 3-5 complaints last week. Let's see if this puts us back on the weekly visit rotation....

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Update - We got a visit from the SMCHD today after 2 months of being left alone (and doing nothing differently than before). But we think we know why - some guy was in the store last week taking pictures of customers, employees and signs. My guess is that guy then called and complained so they followed up. I did not go down to meet the health department officials (2) - my employees handled it well. Apparently they (HD) were nice about the ordeal telling us we had 3-5 complaints last week. Let's see if this puts us back on the weekly visit rotation....
You have a Brad!?! You're famous! 🤩

TPD

the poor dad
I think I told this in another thread but can't remember - anywho, we had a guy come in last week to get a couple of screws. The employee that was at the register to take his money had the mask on improperly. The customer asked the employee to put mask on correctly - employee obliged. At this point he noticed another employee, who was not near any other customers, without a mask. I guess between these to incidents, he decided and told the employee he did not need the screws and walked out.

That is exactly how it is supposed to work - the customer was not happy with the way we were doing business so he did not buy from us. When our business is no longer profitable, we assess the situation and make changes to try to become profitable again. At this point we are still making money.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think I told this in another thread but can't remember - anywho, we had a guy come in last week to get a couple of screws. The employee that was at the register to take his money had the mask on improperly. The customer asked the employee to put mask on correctly - employee obliged. At this point he noticed another employee, who was not near any other customers, without a mask. I guess between these to incidents, he decided and told the employee he did not need the screws and walked out.

These people make me want to shake them. :strangle:

I think it's dorks whose wife or husband beats them, they have some low level job with a teenage manager, and their kids smoke pot in the house. This is their chance to flex their nonexistent muscles, be all large and in charge.

:burning:

I told you all about the old guy who yelled at me in the Branson post office parking lot. :lmao:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

TPD

the poor dad
The data in SMC doesn't warrant going back to phase 2. 9 people in the hospital as of 11/12/20. 73 total deaths in the county as of 11/8/20. Last death was week of 10/18/20. Only 3 deaths under the age of 70. But yeah, our health department gestapo are still making their rounds at local businesses. We must all be afraid and cower in our homes till April 2021!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
NY Business Owners Kick Out Health Dept, Sheriffs: ‘Civil Disobedience Starts Now’

At the beginning of the video, one of the men calmly tells the government officials that unlike them, their income does not come from the taxpayer and that they must stay open in order to live.

“I’ve seen clients die because they’ve lost their livelihood,” the man pleads. “I’m asking for [you guys] to have some compassion for the people that have lost everything.”

“We do have compassion for people who’ve lost everything,” the female health dept. officials responds.

“Go get a warrant,” another business owner interjects firmly, “This is private property. … This is private property, [they’re] not wanted here.”

“Do your jobs,” he tells the sheriffs, adding, “Your job is to remove people who are not wanted here.”

“You should all be wearing masks; how come you don’t have masks on?” one of the sheriffs asks. “Don’t worry about my health,” the business owner responds, “My health isn’t your concern.”

“It’s a government mandate,” the sheriff insists. “It’s the law.”

The business owners tell the sheriff it’s “not the law.” The statewide mask mandate is an executive order from Gov. Cuomo and never passed through the legislature.