Grow a Pair! First Victim of the Tattletale Hotline?

glhs837

Power with Control
The deputy did tell me this morning that I am not the first business that he has served an order to comply from the health department. Also not the last because once he left me, he had another business to serve. If anyone knows of these other businesses in St. Mary's that has been served by the health department concerning this Chinese crap, let me know. I may need to form a coalition...

Sounds like the people who normally try and buy underage are now doing mask surveys. Might not even be a citizen complaint.

TPD

the poor dad
Sounds like the people who normally try and buy underage are now doing mask surveys. Might not even be a citizen complaint.

Now that is interesting. Let me know if you have further info on this. I won’t disclose how I got the intel.

TPD

the poor dad
Nothing further, just a guess. I think waiting for citizen complaints might be less proactive than gubmint wants to be.

I think thats who normally does that job, right?

Thx. I will keep pressing for a name And number.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
This might be in the weeds for some but the authority of the Governor to issue his mandates does not seem to be contained in the law (attached text file is the actual law).

First, look at the definitions. The "catastrophic health emergency" means a situation in which extensive loss of life or serious disability is threatened imminently because of exposure to a deadly agent. Given that Maryland has a population of 6,045,680 people and is showing 3,685 deaths that equates to .06095%. While any death is tragic, is that what anyone would consider extensive?

Next, look at what the law says the Governor can do. The law states that "If medically necessary and reasonable to treat, prevent, or reduce the spread of the disease or outbreak believed to have been caused by the exposure to a deadly agent, the Governor may order the Secretary or other designated official to:
(i) require individuals to submit to medical examination or testing;
(ii) require individuals to submit to vaccination or medical treatment unless the vaccination or treatment likely will cause serious harm to the individual;
(iii) establish places of treatment, isolation, and quarantine; or
(iv) require individuals to go to and remain in places of isolation or quarantine until the Secretary or other designated official determines that the individuals no longer pose a substantial risk of transmitting the disease or condition to the public." I certainly don't see where there is authority to mandate masks be worn by all.

Attachments

• Health Emergency Law.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 96

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
First, look at the definitions. The "catastrophic health emergency" means a situation in which extensive loss of life or serious disability is threatened imminently because of exposure to a deadly agent. Given that Maryland has a population of 6,045,680 people and is showing 3,685 deaths that equates to .06095%. While any death is tragic, is that what anyone would consider extensive?

Nope

on a Federal Level Covid Deaths do not meet the definition of a major disaster

I certainly don't see where there is authority to mandate masks be worn by all.

and people will not keep their damn hands off of them while touching everything else

TPD

the poor dad
This might be in the weeds for some but the authority of the Governor to issue his mandates does not seem to be contained in the law (attached text file is the actual law).

I have been getting in the weeds as well this morning, but more on the effectiveness of masks in preventing the spread of Chinese phlegm. No where have I seen a scientific study that proves masks in general work. The one that is cited most often is the WHO (and we know how much we can trust WHO) study that aggregates 172 articles from 16 countries to come up with masks being 65% effective. But when you delve into the details, you will see that very few of these studies are recent in dealing with the Kung Flu. I can't believe more people are not questioning the effectiveness of masks. Most things I am reading agree that N95 and medical grade surgical masks work, but everything else is useless. And how many people do you see wearing N95 or surgical masks?

This study should be getting more airtime. It is the only one I have seen so far that is a replicated study using masks that people are wearing everyday. IMO this study means something.

This is what caught my attention:
The neck gaiter (No. 11 in the photo below), which was made of polyester spandex material, performed the worst in the study, actually producing more particles than speaking with no face covering at all.

A bandana tied to cover the nose and mouth only offered slightly more protection than no mask at filtering particles.

So then my argument with the health department in trying to shut me down comes down to this wording in the executive order:

1. Delegation of Authority to County Health Officers. If an Authorized Health Official determines that a business, organization, establishment, facility, or construction site in his/her political subdivision (an “Unsafe Facility”) is unable or unwilling to operate in a manner that does not pose an unreasonable risk of exacerbating the spread of COVID-19 (including, without limitation, as a result of non-compliance with Social Distancing Guidance), the Authorized Health Official is hereby authorized and directed to issue such orders as may be necessary to:

If the average cloth mask or bandana is NOT effective in controlling the spread, then show me where I am posing an unreasonable risk of exacerbating the spread of COVID in my business. Just because I am not forcing my employees or customers to wear a mask does not mean I am exacerbating the spread. I would argue that the lockdowns and closures of certain business in March or April exacerbated the spread by creating a scare in people which in turn created lines at grocery stores and the few non-essential businesses that were allowed to open.

The more I read, the more frustrated I become over all this. We need to be asking more questions of our government officials that continue to put their boots on our necks.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The more I read, the more frustrated I become over all this. We need to be asking more questions of our government officials that continue to put their boots on our necks.

:yay:

and people will not keep there damn hands off the mask ...

EVERY TIME you touch the mask on your face, you are supposed to wash your hands / use sanitizer

TPD

the poor dad
and people will not keep there damn hands off the mask ...

^^^ Exactly this!! ^^^

If this was so deadly, we would all be dead by now because of everyone touching their mask and face then touching everything else!

PeoplesElbow

If you are going to fight it then you need to stick to the legality of the order.

For every study you find that says that masks are not effective you will find 10 that says they expect that masks are effective.

I have seen several that refute that neck gaiters makes things worse.

A farmer/hardware store owner will be easily dismissed and written off.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
If you are going to fight it then you need to stick to the legality of the order.

For every study you find that says that masks are not effective you will find 10 that says they expect that masks are effective.

I have seen several that refute that neck gaiters makes things worse.

A farmer/hardware store owner will be easily dismissed and written off.
He's got a point.

@TPD Let us know if you are going to need legal fees - we can open a GoFundMe account and share the heck out of that on social media! :yay:

TPD

the poor dad
Dr. Brewster and a sheriff's deputy visited my store today. Since I have not made the changes she ordered me to do yesterday, she will probably close our business tomorrow. She has deemed our business unsafe because we do not have a sign posted on our door stating face masks required and I am not requiring my employees to wear them. Otherwise, we meet the parameters - hand sanitizer, cleaning, distancing, capacity controls, etc.

She could not cite any scientific studies proving face masks work other than to point me to the St. Mary's County Health Department website. So far, I see no studies on that website. She could not explain inconsistencies in what the CDC recommends, what the Governor's executive order states, or what her more stringent orders to comply are. All she could say was to contact the governor with my concerns about his executive order.

Though she and the deputy both wore masks, they did not social distance, and I had too many other things to ask to even mention to them about not distancing. I did keep my distance from them.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
She has deemed our business unsafe because we do not have a sign posted on our door stating face masks required and I am not requiring my employees to wear them.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Dr. Brewster and a sheriff's deputy visited my store today. Since I have not made the changes she ordered me to do yesterday, she will probably close our business tomorrow. She has deemed our business unsafe because we do not have a sign posted on our door stating face masks required and I am not requiring my employees to wear them. Otherwise, we meet the parameters - hand sanitizer, cleaning, distancing, capacity controls, etc.

She could not cite any scientific studies proving face masks work other than to point me to the St. Mary's County Health Department website. So far, I see no studies on that website. She could not explain inconsistencies in what the CDC recommends, what the Governor's executive order states, or what her more stringent orders to comply are. All she could say was to contact the governor with my concerns about his executive order.

Though she and the deputy both wore masks, they did not social distance, and I had too many other things to ask to even mention to them about not distancing. I did keep my distance from them.
So what are you going to do, TPD?