Guess the Prices...

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
There will always be someone with the money to buy it if you choose not to. And from what I see, it's not the dealers setting prices, it's price wars amongst the buyers. Just like paying more than list for a house in a buyer's market.

Grumpy

There will always be someone with the money to buy it if you choose not to. And from what I see, it's not the dealers setting prices, it's price wars amongst the buyers. Just like paying more than list for a house in a buyer's market.
While I agree with that usually...some of these markups are crazy..especially for used cars. Last summer I had a guy offer me 25k for a car I got for 17k 3 years ago and thought he was crazy..Maybe he saw where everything was going..I dunno.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
While I agree with that usually...some of these markups are crazy..especially for used cars. Last summer I had a guy offer me 25k for a car I got for 17k 3 years ago and thought he was crazy..Maybe he saw where everything was going..I dunno.
It wasn't my boy, was it? He buys vehicles at ridiculous (to me) prices, and flips them a couple weeks later for a profit. I still don't see how he does it.

Grumpy

It wasn't my boy, was it? He buys vehicles at ridiculous (to me) prices, and flips them a couple weeks later for a profit. I still don't see how he does it.
You can make money flipping cars, there is always someone desperate for money and will sell something below market, but its a constant search for those nuggets and to be legit, you need to bring the car up to spec, inspection wise. If I was younger and not so lazy, I can see doing that. I remember a guy back in the 60s that bought cars at PG County auctions(I believe), He always looked almost homeless(always in work clothes), but he retired at 50 and moved to Florida and lived the good life the rest of his days.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Glad I bought my truck when they were still dealing and didn’t wait until now.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Been scouting around for a Mustang. Insane the prices on used. They are asking more now for 2015s than when I bought one new.

Grumpy

Been scouting around for a Mustang. Insane the prices on used. They are asking more now for 2015s than when I bought one new.
I went to look at a used 2018 Mustang GT(12k miles) over at a Leonardtown dealership last summer, from the advisement it was pristine and they weren't asking an astronomical price. Went over there to test drive it and didn't even bother, interior was a mess, body had dings all over and every wheel had curb rash. Other than selling one of my cars, I doubt I will be buying one in the near future.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've been toying with selling my GMC 2014 1500. It's in excellent shape and I know I could get top dollar for it, but then I'd be stuck trying to get a new one and pay overinflated prices with a car loan commensurate.

Grumpy

I've been toying with selling my GMC 2014 1500. It's in excellent shape and I know I could get top dollar for it, but then I'd be stuck trying to get a new one and pay overinflated prices with a car loan commensurate.
The car I would consider selling is not a necessity, wouldn't need a replacement at this point in my life.