Guess what Gabby Giffords husband bought?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
He says they were purchased to show how easy it is for someone to purchase these self-minded, uncontrollable weapons. However, that doesn't explain all the other guns he and Gabby have in the house from before the assault last year.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

Lurk said:
He says they were purchased to show how easy it is for someone to purchase these self-minded, uncontrollable weapons. However, that doesn't explain all the other guns he and Gabby have in the house from before the assault last year.

That is explained in the clip in the article. He clearly says that he is an ardent 2ndA supporter, that he and Abby will never give up their guns and that he doesn't think others should either. He only says terrorists, criminals, and mentally ill should be limited from buying.

There might have been something more hypocritical in his full speech, but in the provided clip, Kelly was not only consistent, but dead on right.
That being said, I'm not buying his excuse for buying the AR15

edinsomd

"Days after making the purchases, Kelly wrote on Facebook:

I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a .45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession of it yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do."

Bought it just to turn it in.

Gotcha.

:killingme

DEEKAYPEE8569

"Days after making the purchases, Kelly wrote on Facebook:

I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a .45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession of it yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do."

Bought it just to turn it in.

Gotcha.

:killingme

Suuuurrre he did.....

Inkd

Wirelessly posted

That is explained in the clip in the article. He clearly says that he is an ardent 2ndA supporter, that he and Abby will never give up their guns and that he doesn't think others should either. He only says terrorists, criminals, and mentally ill should be limited from buying.

There might have been something more hypocritical in his full speech, but in the provided clip, Kelly was not only consistent, but dead on right.
That being said, I'm not buying his excuse for buying the AR15

Here is a transcript of his testimony.

Transcript: Capt. Mark Kelly's testimony on gun violence before the Senate Judiciary Committee | What The Folly?!

First, fix gun background checks. The holes in our laws make a mockery of the background check system. Congress should close the private sales loophole and get dangerous people entered into that system. What system would people doing private sales be entered into? What holes in the background check system is there?

Second, remove the limitations on collecting data in conducting scientific research on gun violence, enact a tough federal gun trafficking statute – this is really important. I'm pretty sure there are pretty tough federal gun trafficking statutes already. But, was that really an issue in his wifes shooting? Or Columbine, Aurora? Why is that important? Why is gun violence so much more heinous than other violence. If a guy broke into your grandkids daycare and slaughtered everyone in there with a kitchen knife, would you be any less upset? Would you sit there on national T.V. and cry about your dead grandbabies and end your interview with "all we can say is, thank the lord they weren't killed by a gun"? Why not investigate something like the kind of medications all of these killers are on? Why not commission a study on how kids under the age of 15 react after years of playing violent video games like Grand Theft Auto, or the Kindergarten Killers? Kindergarten Killer Games Why not commission a study to find out the difference in levels of violence between these drugged up basement dwellers with a computer babysitter versus kids who go out and socialize, play sports, run around the local park or have, OMG, WAIT FOR IT, parents that pay attention to what their kids are doing?

And finally, let’s have a careful and civil conversation about the lethality of firearms we permit to be legally bought and sold in this country. Let's have a civil talk about that. Aren't all guns equally lethal in the worn hands? Or was he alluding to the lethality of those evil black "assault weapons" that he bought? You can say all you want that he is an ardent supporter of the 2A and I will call bull$hit every time. As far as I'm concerned he is just another hypocritical D'bag who wants "common sense approaches to gun control". As long as it doesn't impact him.

Inkd

You doubt his veracity? Do you suppose he's spinning this like an uncaged gyro because he got caught in his own hypocrisy?

The very nerve. :drama:

Oh, and for the dimmer posters (and we know who you are).:sarcasm:

He got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and now he is trying to say he doesn't have a sweet tooth.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Congress should close the private sales loophole and get dangerous people entered into that system.

Ah yes, because "dangerous people", i.e. criminals and nutjobs ALWAYS register their guns. :duh:

Vince

This guy is a two faced SOB. He was on TV spouting off about how he and his wife are big gun rights advocates and avid shooters, etc. Now he's all anti-gun. :bs: A gun is only as dangerous as the person holding it....or in some cases...as stupid as the person holding it. An AR-15 is just another gun and kills the same as any other weapon....by someone using it.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
A gun is only as dangerous as the person holding it....or in some cases...as stupid as the person holding it.

These elitist liberals think everyone but they are too stupid to handle these things. Only a progressive liberal has the intellect required to ensure a safe society, and only they can properly handle things like wealth and guns. The rest of us are nothing but a bunch of redneck, bible-toting, racists that are out of control and must be controlled - by liberals.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Why Retired Astronaut Mark Kelly is Out As The New

Why Retired Astronaut Mark Kelly is Out As The New Face of Gun Control Propaganda.

Yeah, that's right, keep on talking out you mouf. Even Gabby's facial expression says "This stupid space cadet isn't worth the effort."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
GUN SHOP OWNER SAYS MARK KELLY HAS NOT COMPLETED BACKGROUND CHECK FOR AR-15'

Why did Mark Kelly pick a rifle for which he has yet to do a background check?

[clip]

When CNN's Wolf Blitzer asked Kelly on Monday what it was like going into a gun store and "buying an AR-15." Kelly said that for such a "deadly" weapon, "especially with the high capacity magazines, it's a pretty easy thing to do, even with the background check."

He went on to say: "public access to these [weapons] is too easy, as I demonstrated the other day."

Yet Kelly has not completed the process of taking possession of the AR-15.
Kelly has openly stated that his plan from the beginning was to buy such a firearm and hand it over to the police (even though, as Breitbart News reported, under pending legislation the police would likely have to sell the AR-15 rather than destroying it, returning it to the streets).
In that case, wouldn't any AR-style rifle do?

Instead, he picked one that required a 20-day waiting period and extended the background check process for weeks.

Is there a chance Mark Kelly picked the AR-15 simply because he wanted it--at a discounted price?

Inkd

[clip]

When CNN's Wolf Blitzer asked Kelly on Monday what it was like going into a gun store and "buying an AR-15." Kelly said that for such a "deadly" weapon, "especially with the high capacity magazines, it's a pretty easy thing to do, even with the background check."

He went on to say: "public access to these [weapons] is too easy, as I demonstrated the other day."

Kelly has openly stated that his plan from the beginning was to buy such a firearm and hand it over to the police (even though, as Breitbart News reported, under pending legislation the police would likely have to sell the AR-15 rather than destroying it, returning it to the streets).

Instead, he picked one that required a 20-day waiting period and extended the background check process for weeks.

Is there a chance Mark Kelly picked the AR-15 simply because he wanted it--at a discounted price?

I read that the only reason for the 20 day wait was because it was a pre-owned rifle and that required futher investigation of the rifles history, not a further background investigation of the buyer.

Odds are he bought it cause it was the only one on the damn shelf for a relatively reasonable price.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

GURPS said:

[clip]

Nice hack job. :bigwhoop:

Why didn't he take possession? He can't for 20 days
Why didn't he complete the background check process? You do that at the end, it's instant, its the last thing they do before they hand you the weapon in some cases.
Why didn't he buy a different one? Where there any others in the store? I know around here you wouldn't be able to find one.

On March 5, 2013 Mr. Mark Kelly purchased a Sig Sauer 45 caliber pistol and a Sig Sauer M400 5.56 AR style rifle from my company, Diamondback Police Supply Co. in Tucson, AZ. The rifle, having been purchased in trade from another customer, cannot be released to Mr. Kelly or any other customer for a minimum of 20 days in accordance with local ordinances. Mr. Kelly did not ask for any modifications to the rifle, nor are we making any. Once the hold period is up, Mr. Kelly must then show proper identification, complete the Federal Firearms Transfer Record (Form 4473) and successfully complete the NICS background check prior to his taking physical possession of the firearm