Guess What I Saw Today!!

D

dems4me

I've only been bird watching for a few years, and rarely see a bird who's population is in decline and becoming rarer and scarce, especially around southern maryland. But today I saw a Brown Thrasher!!! :shocking: I actually saw it AND had a camera handy. :shocking: What are the odds of that?? :lol:

Oddly enough it was running with the cowbirds, it landed in a tree in front of me not once but twice!! :shocking: And both times with cowbirds :lol:

D

dems4me

Here!! I don't have a super good camera or anything but this is it. :smile:

Attachments

• bt1.JPG
    bt1.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 146
  • bt2.JPG
    bt2.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 144
  • bt3.JPG
    bt3.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 138
  • bt4.JPG
    bt4.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 174
  • bt5.JPG
    bt5.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 125
D

dems4me

:yeahthat: Need a pic to see if that's the one we saw several times today! He/she was really pretty!!! Can't wait to see your pic (since I didn't have a camera handy)!!

Apparently there's another one very similiar called the the brown thrush, however, it doesn't have the white wing bars on the wings and its more spotted than streaked... next time he/she comes around take a look!! :clap:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Great pics! :yay: I usually only see them in the winter, and even then only occasionally.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Just yesterday my dad was telling me how he saw a thrasher this past week and how rare they are. Maybe they are making a come back of sorts?

jetmonkey

I've only been bird watching for a few years, and rarely see a bird who's population is in decline and becoming rarer and scarce, especially around southern maryland. But today I saw a Brown Thrasher!!! :shocking: I actually saw it AND had a camera handy. :shocking: What are the odds of that?? :lol:

Oddly enough it was running with the cowbirds, it landed in a tree in front of me not once but twice!! :shocking: And both times with cowbirds :lol:
Are they endangered? I've had quite a few in my yard this year.

belvak

Happy Camper
Apparently there's another one very similiar called the the brown thrush, however, it doesn't have the white wing bars on the wings and its more spotted than streaked... next time he/she comes around take a look!! :clap:

It sure looked like the one in your pics! If it comes around again, I'll have to look really close! Either way, it was a very pretty bird!

D

dems4me

It sure looked like the one in your pics! If it comes around again, I'll have to look really close! Either way, it was a very pretty bird!

Thanks, like Sunflower, I too said WTF is that?:confused: It was a bit bigger than a cardinal so I couldn't help but notice it :lol: They do stand out a bit :lol: