Guess Where I'm Going...

belvak

Happy Camper
We'll be out on the Bay in the morning!! :yahoo: We're gonna be on the "Loosen Up" out of Deale. Captain Frank and Captain Frank (Jr., and Sr.) are great. I've got the batteries charged up for the camera and the camcorder. Hope to have some neat pics to show you guys tomorrow evening!! Maybe even a video! If things go well, I'll let you guys know how the Rockfish taste!!! :drool:

belvak

Happy Camper
Cool! Have a good time and wear sunblock! :cheers:

Will do!! Thanks "Mommy"!! :huggy:

Seriously, I'm really pumped about this. It's been about 5 years since we've been. We've got a great group going. Okay, I'm outta here! 4:00 comes awfully early!!!

Think I'll try some "rockfish bites" like Stoney's has if we get our catch. :drool:

Rael

Supper's Ready
We'll be out on the Bay in the morning!! :yahoo: We're gonna be on the "Loosen Up" out of Deale. Captain Frank and Captain Frank (Jr., and Sr.) are great. I've got the batteries charged up for the camera and the camcorder. Hope to have some neat pics to show you guys tomorrow evening!! Maybe even a video! If things go well, I'll let you guys know how the Rockfish taste!!! :drool:

:yay: I'll be out there, too... with a few neighbors. Looks like we'll have a fair amount of rain, but it'll be fun all the same. I'll look for "Loosen Up" (don't know the name of our boat). If I see your boat, I'll... salutebst.gif

Good luck and have fun..

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Hubby went out yesterday afternoon somewhere on the potomac. He caught a 45 1/2". It was a beaut! I know you already left for today so, hope you had a great time.

T

toppick08

:lalala:

have a great time.........don't forget your slicker suit..:buddies:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I hate to admitt this but I've lived here for apprx 20 yrs and I don't believe I've ever had rockfish. I've never been a big fish person. I don't care for the "fishy" taste but I've heard from a friend who does not eat fish that it's not like that at all.

T

toppick08

I hate to admitt this but I've lived here for apprx 20 yrs and I don't believe I've ever had rockfish. I've never been a big fish person. I don't care for the "fishy" taste but I've heard from a friend who does not eat fish that it's not like that at all.

Rock is like crappie............very mild and flaky white meat....:yay:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
My daughter saw Daddy put some fillets in the freezer so maybe when he comes back from travel we'll be able to cook some. I'd like to at least try it. I've heard when it's stuffed with crab it's totally :yum: :drool:.

T

toppick08

My daughter saw Daddy put some fillets in the freezer so maybe when he comes back from travel we'll be able to cook some. I'd like to at least try it. I've heard when it's stuffed with crab it's totally :yum: :drool:.

:yay:

Rael

Supper's Ready

Best cooked fresh, I've found (butter and lemon...mmmmm). Not too good a day out there, though we were lucky. We caught four in the 35 inches range each (I was one who didn't pull one in, unfortunately...had one on the hook and then suddenly not). Our Captain talked to six other captains who caught a total of five, so I'm told. Still fun to get out there. :yay:

Guess what I'm having for dinner? :lol:

belvak

Happy Camper
Okay, we headed out at 5:30 sharp! Were back in with our limit by 8:30!! :yahoo: Boy, did we ever kick some rockfish butt!!!! It was raining a bit when we were heading out into the Bay, but after we got out there, just a little drizzle!! Smallest fish was 31" and the biggest was 44 1/2". There were 9 of us on the boat and we ended up with about 270 pounds of fish.

We had the mate filet them for us. This is the first time for this; we usually just have them cleaned and bake them (stuffed with crab, of course). Anyway, the freezer is full!!! We're planning a drop fishing trip sometime in June/July. Maybe we'll be able to fill the freezer up with some croaker too!!! I've attached a group shot. Not gonna tell you who's who!! :lmao:

Definitely recommend the Loosen Up to anyone who wants to go on a trip!!

Attachments

• Loosen Up 1.jpg
    Loosen Up 1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 127
  • The Big One.jpg
    The Big One.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 133
  • The Catch.jpg
    The Catch.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 103
  • The Group.jpg
    The Group.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 124

belvak

Happy Camper
:lalala:

have a great time.........don't forget your slicker suit..:buddies:

We went out yesterday and bought some ponchos. :ohwell: Figures... Didn't need to use them!! :lmao: Can't complain though!!! Had a GREAT fishing day!! Oh, and did I happen to mention I am off tomorrow???!!! :yahoo:

Rael

Supper's Ready
We went out yesterday and bought some ponchos. :ohwell: Figures... Didn't need to use them!! :lmao: Can't complain though!!! Had a GREAT fishing day!! Oh, and did I happen to mention I am off tomorrow???!!! :yahoo:

Glad you had a good time. Youze guyze done good ! :yay:

belvak

Happy Camper
Glad you had a good time. Youze guyze done good ! :yay:

Thanks!!! We had a really good time!! Oh, and Hubby got the "24 Karat, Solid Gold, Fish Hook" for his baseball cap since he got the biggest fish!!! It's his "Major Award" (think, A Christmas Story here)!!! Of course, Captain Frank told him not to get it wet!!! :roflmao: How did yours taste? We'll probably have fish one day this week... And the next... And the next!!!!! :buddies:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Okay, we headed out at 5:30 sharp! Were back in with our limit by 8:30!! :yahoo: Boy, did we ever kick some rockfish butt!!!! It was raining a bit when we were heading out into the Bay, but after we got out there, just a little drizzle!! Smallest fish was 31" and the biggest was 44 1/2". There were 9 of us on the boat and we ended up with about 270 pounds of fish.

We had the mate filet them for us. This is the first time for this; we usually just have them cleaned and bake them (stuffed with crab, of course). Anyway, the freezer is full!!! We're planning a drop fishing trip sometime in June/July. Maybe we'll be able to fill the freezer up with some croaker too!!! I've attached a group shot. Not gonna tell you who's who!! :lmao:

Definitely recommend the Loosen Up to anyone who wants to go on a trip!!

Nice pics.

Weird, not a pointy head in the bunch. :confused:

:lmao: