guinea eggs/young chicks

Eventer29

I have a hen that is broody and have been thinking about getting her some eggs to hatch. I really do not want more chickens now, but was thinking of guinea hens to help keep the bugs under control. Does anyone have or know where i could get some fertile eggs, or even like day old chicks?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I have a hen that is broody and have been thinking about getting her some eggs to hatch. I really do not want more chickens now, but was thinking of guinea hens to help keep the bugs under control. Does anyone have or know where i could get some fertile eggs, or even like day old chicks?

Do you have any experience with them? Know anyone who does?

I'd really give that one some thought. Folks I know who have them hate them and my girlfriend wants every animal on the planet.

Except guineas. :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We recently "installed" about 8 guineas on our little island offshore of Colton's Point, hoping they would knock down the tick population.

They quickly became bald eagle food.

:whistle:

Eventer29

I was thinking guineas since I heard they eat ticks and other bugs. Did not know that they carried ticks though. I know they are noisy lil buggers. What other issues do people have with them? I was just going to raise them and turn them loose on the farm. what other fowl might be good for bug control on the farm. I love my 4 hens and will not let them free range totally, they get controlled yard time and a large run. I suppose I could always get more chickens and not get attached to them and let them free range