Gun bans don't seem to be working

MiddleGround

someone-get-me-some-popcorn-right-now-before-the-fight-starts-meme.jpg

black dog

Free America
Unless the intent is to encourage mass shootings.

Massacre at Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks, California was in another Gun-free zone: 12 murdered, 18 injured

98% of the mass public shootings in the United States since 1950 have occurred in places where guns are banned (see the information available here).

The statistics are incorrect.. Lots of states with carry laws, gun free signs carry the weight of the law and lots of states with carry laws, gun free signs don't carry the weight of the law.

Like in Indiana, a property owner can post as many gun free signs as they wish but they don't carry the law. A property owner that sees you with a weapon or firearm just has to ask you to put your firearm in the car or leave the property. With LE telling you to leave the property you must, or you will be charged with tresspass.
States like Ohio, the correct verbage on the no guns sign carry the weight of the law.

What I'm saying is lots of gun free zones have firearms in and out of them on a daily basis.

The sad part about the California shooting is there were six police officers in the bar from a few different departments, and none of them were armed...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
More to the POINT -

Schools [IIRC] Federally Mandated Gun Free Zones
Most Gov. Office AFAIK - No Guns Allowed [Federal, State County and Local]

Now Private business -
Most offices do not want employees bring guns to work
Bars - AFAIK ANY Establishment where Alcohol is primarily consumed - at the minimum you leave your gun in the car better yet At Home

For Example: Texas there are signs everywhere even though YOU May have a CCW leave your gun the car if you are going into a 51% Establishment

https://www.uslawshield.com/can-i-possess-my-firearm-here-bars/

You’ll know it’s a bar because bars are required by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission to post 51% signs indicating that the establishment derives more than 51% of its revenue through the sale of alcohol for on-site consumption.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Soooo.....gun bans aren't working? Try something else. Here's an idea.....
Any applicant 18 and up apply for a CCW. (Why 18? Well, if you can join the Military to defend your country).....A background check us completed for each applicant. If background check comes back "clean," said applicant receives a 50-state CCW, with the caveat, "No churches, school grounds or bars." SO SIMPLE! Or is that TOO simple?

black dog

Free America
Soooo.....gun bans aren't working? Try something else. Here's an idea.....
Any applicant 18 and up apply for a CCW. (Why 18? Well, if you can join the Military to defend your country).....A background check us completed for each applicant. If background check comes back "clean," said applicant receives a 50-state CCW, with the caveat, "No churches, school grounds or bars." SO SIMPLE! Or is that TOO simple?

Please explain why no churchs, school grounds and bars?
And why is someone sound enough to carry a firearm on the sidewalk outside of these establishments but not sound enough to carry everywhere they travel..

And lots of States you may get a carry permit at 18. I live in one.

Hijinx

IMO gun permits should be accepted in all states just as a driver's license is.

The hodge podge of laws in separate states is so bad the world's greatest attorney cannot keep up with them.

This_person

IMO gun permits should be accepted in all states just as a driver's license is.

The hodge podge of laws in separate states is so bad the world's greatest attorney cannot keep up with them.

According to the constitution, they are.
US Constitution said:
Article 4, Section 1
Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

This_person

You guys mock gun free zones. So more guns are the answer? Look what happened to the African American Security Guard assasinated assasinated by police in Chicago.

https://thinkprogress.org/police-kill-black-security-guard-9927b7b9dc0f/amp/

Well, let's evaluate this for causes:

1) Police are not used to seeing armed citizens protecting. This is among the many problems that needs to be fixed.
2) Police are too eager to shoot to protect. This is among the many problems that needs to be fixed. Salmon, can I assume that you are for the disarming of police officers so they will stop shooting people? I mean, after all, NO ONE needs a gun, right?
3) Chicago is full of many men and women who kill one another indiscriminately, and the police are used to multiple shootings any given weekend. For that reason, instead of assuming a good guy with a gun, a CHICAGO police officer (especially) will automatically see a citizen with a gun as a bad guy with a gun, thus equating citizens and bad guys.

This was clearly a social construct made up by disarming citizens. We should disarm the police and leave citizens armed, don't you think Salmon?

This_person

Take that with you when you drive through New York or New Jersey or even Maryland with a gun.
See how much good it does you.

Since when are we held to the Constitution? That went out a hundred and fifty years ago or more in day-to-day practice.