Gun Control Laws And Opposition

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I just don't understand what's so hard for them to understand. Granted, the 2nd isn't written in today's language, but even I know what the founders were saying. The 2nd is to protect us from tyrants. The current administration is acting quite tyrannical, so I can see why they're scared.

Bare-ya-cuda

I just don't understand what's so hard for them to understand. Granted, the 2nd isn't written in today's language, but even I know what the founders were saying. The 2nd is to protect us from tyrants. The current administration is acting quite tyrannical, so I can see why they're scared.
gun control isn’t about saving lives, lowering gun crime, it’s about taking guns away from the very people who showed up on DC on January the 6th. They are protecting their ability to remain in power. Those folks were not armed that day and they believe the next time they will be.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Democrat gun control isn’t about saving lives, lowering gun crime, it’s about taking guns away from the very people who showed up on DC on January the 6th. They are protecting their ability to remain in power. Those folks were not armed that day and they believe the next time they will be.

What about Republican Gun Control?

Say Reagans 1986 Hughes Amendment?
And Trumps banning Bump Stocks?
G Bushs expanding nics checks?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden’s ATF Pick Provides His Definition Of An ‘Assault Weapon.’ His Proposed Ban Would Outlaw Most Rifles In America.

Cotton asked if Chipman wanted to ban any firearm larger than a .22 that has a detachable magazine. Chipman reiterated that his definition was solely for rifles.

“You asked me if ATF had used this term and I was sharing with you my knowledge of a program in which ATF has defined this term and it is in the demand letter 3 program,” the nominee explained. “And that rifle is a semi-automatic rifle capable of accepting a detachable magazine with a round greater than a .22 caliber …”

“I’m amazed that might be the definition of an ‘assault weapon.’ That would basically cover every single modern sporting rifle in America today,” Cotton replied.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden’s Nominee To Lead ATF Admits To Ted Cruz That He Supports A Ban On AR-15s

“It’s not a machine gun, it’s a rifle,” Cruz continued. “Your public position is that you want to ban AR-15s, is that correct?”

“Senator, thank you for the question, and thank you for our visit yesterday, and offering me a Dr. Pepper, it made me reminisce about my time in central Texas,” Chipman responded. “But now to your question, with respect to the AR-15, I support a ban as has been presented in a Senate bill, and supported by the president.”

“The AR-15 is a gun I was issued on ATF’s SWAT team,” Chipman added. “And it’s a particularly lethal weapon, and regulating it as other particularly lethal weapons, I have advocated for.”

glhs837

Power with Control
Biden’s Nominee To Lead ATF Admits To Ted Cruz That He Supports A Ban On AR-15s

“It’s not a machine gun, it’s a rifle,” Cruz continued. “Your public position is that you want to ban AR-15s, is that correct?”

“Senator, thank you for the question, and thank you for our visit yesterday, and offering me a Dr. Pepper, it made me reminisce about my time in central Texas,” Chipman responded. “But now to your question, with respect to the AR-15, I support a ban as has been presented in a Senate bill, and supported by the president.”

“The AR-15 is a gun I was issued on ATF’s SWAT team,” Chipman added. “And it’s a particularly lethal weapon, and regulating it as other particularly lethal weapons, I have advocated for.”

Ah, see he's read the double top secret 2a clause of the Second Amendment. Most dont know this, but after "arms", there's a tiny asterisk. On the back of that page, in invisible ink that only Democrats have the secret to read it says * Except particularly lethal arms"

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Forgive me for missing something here, but aren't firearms supposed to be lethal? Democrats are against the 2A because it's the last resort of patriots, that will defend our nation from their tyranny and enslavement of free men. The government has gotten too large and they have forgotten who is in charge. Term limits need to be set before these psychopaths are too entrenched to oust.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
No, our crime issue is not a 'guns issue'

Of course, Murphy is right about the raw statistics, but his inference is pure fallacy. Crime did not increase by 50% in the last two months of 2008, when gun sales increased by 50%. Crime did not increase by 51% in summer 2012, when gun sales increased by 51%.

Gun sales are constantly surging, yet the homicide rate fell throughout the 2010s as gun ownership steadily increased. Gun manufacturers doubled their annual output from 2009 to 2013 as former President Barrack Obama unwittingly became the best gun salesman in the country, yet homicides and violent crime declined.

In his fog of confirmation bias, Murphy is probably also confusing cause for effect. According to a study released by the Department of Justice in 2019, only about 7.5% of criminals who use firearms during their crimes do so with guns purchased at gun stores. It is far more likely that gun sales were a response to the spike in homicides, not the cause of them.

Homicides spiked first in March, when the pandemic began, and then again in June, after the unrest spurred by the Black Lives Matter movement. Gun sales similarly spiked in March before shattering records in June. It’s not crazy to guess that people decided that self-defense should be a priority while watching the soaring homicide rate and the riots that consumed major cities.

Of course, Democrats have no answer to the crime problem they are helping create. So now they are out to kill two birds with one stone. They obfuscate the issue of surging violent crime in Democratic cities, and meanwhile, they scapegoat law-abiding gun buyers. It's not going to work, but it's fun to watch them pull out all of the rhetorical and statistical stops to shift the political winds.

Hijinx

My question for this guy is what did he have to do with giving weapons to the Cartels, back when the ATF gave those weapons away, and an agent got killed with one.

IMO they are fighting a losing battle as I am sure at least one of our Republican Quislings will vote for him.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, lets see that stats about those increased gun deaths? How many, outside suicides, were committed with guns purchased this year? Thats right, we dont have that data for a lot of these crimes because they were committed by criminals in inner cities, where we dont have the police presence to go solve the crimes.